English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note on Ebola
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Team Of ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ Meets the Press at the 45TH IFFI
- Directors and Producers of Indian Panorama Opening Films in the 45th IFFI Interact with the Media
- Indian Philosophy of Mutual Respect and Love are My Source of Inspiration: Paul Cox
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
- Min of Urban Development
- Venkaiah Naidu, Urban Development Minister, delivers Keynote Address at US – India Smart Cities Conclave
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu visits market, residential areas in R K Puram, New Delhi to check cleanliness
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Government to Start Jal Gram Scheme in Every District Says Uma Bharti
- Our District-Our Water Programme to be Launched to take the Message of Water Conservation to Every Village of the Country-Uma Bharti
Ministry of Civil Aviation05-December, 2012 20:38 IST
|Airfares by Private Airlines |
|Airfares applicable for domestic passengers are determined by the market forces and are not fixed by the Government. Airfares are dependent upon ATF prices, Airport Development Charges, Passenger Services fee, Foreign exchange rates, Service Tax, etc. Fluctuations in any of these components affect the airfares. Scheduled airlines offer different fare buckets for each flight and the airfares offered by the airlines in lower bucket are affordable. The airfares increase with the increase in demand for seat, as the lower fare buckets get sold out fast. Random monitoring of domestic airfares revealed that the airfares are remaining within the fare band made available by the scheduled airlines on their respective websites. |
With a view to maintain transparency in tariff publication, Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has taken following steps:
Scheduled domestic airlines have been asked to display established tariff route-wise and fare category-wise on monthly basis and also to notify noticeable changes to DGCA within 24 hrs. of effecting such a change. The intention behind the above directions is to keep the passengers informed of pricing pattern of airlines.
Further, DGCA also monitors tariff on specific sectors on regular basis.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Civil Aviation Shri K.C. Venugopal in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90026)