English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note on Ebola
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Team Of ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ Meets the Press at the 45TH IFFI
- Directors and Producers of Indian Panorama Opening Films in the 45th IFFI Interact with the Media
- Indian Philosophy of Mutual Respect and Love are My Source of Inspiration: Paul Cox
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
- Min of Urban Development
- Venkaiah Naidu, Urban Development Minister, delivers Keynote Address at US – India Smart Cities Conclave
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu visits market, residential areas in R K Puram, New Delhi to check cleanliness
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Government to Start Jal Gram Scheme in Every District Says Uma Bharti
- Our District-Our Water Programme to be Launched to take the Message of Water Conservation to Every Village of the Country-Uma Bharti
Ministry of Railways06-December, 2012 14:46 IST
|Railways’ Dedicated Freight Corridor Projects|
| Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle set up under the administration control of the Ministry of Railways to undertake planning, construction, operation and maintenance of Dedicated Freight Corridors. The Company functions through a Board of Directors which has been given full powers to take decisions connected with the execution of the Project. |
The relationship between the Ministry of Railways and DFCCIL is on arm’s length basis. DFCCIL has already been empowered to take decisions in respect of matters of project execution, contracts, planning, operation and maintenance, hiring of staff etc.
The entire Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (1499 Kms.) from Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Mumbai to Rewari/Dadri near New Delhi is being implemented with loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Government of Japan.
Loan agreement for 1st tranche of 90 billion Japanese Yen (Rs.6,356 crore) out of a total of 350 billion Japanese Yen (Rs.24,600 crore) of Phase-1 (Rewari-Vadodara, 930 Kms.) of the project, has been signed.
Out of 1839 Kms. of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor from Ludhiana in Punjab to Dankuni near Kolkata, World Bank funding has been agreed for 1183 Kms. from Ludhiana to Mughalsarai. Loan agreement for the first sector (Khurja-Kanpur, 343 Kms.) for US $ 975 million (Rs.5350 crore) has been signed
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90038)