English Release 1-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- About 81.35 Crore People to Get Subsidised Foodgrains Under National Food Security Act
- Food Subsidy Estimated to be Around Rs. 1,31,086 Crore
- The Steps to Expedite Payment of Pending Dues to Sugarcane Farmers
- Transportation of PDS Foodgrains Through Sea Route to Ensure Timely Availability
- Min of Earth Science
- India Deploys its First Sub-Surface Ocean Moored Observatory in the Arctic
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery decreased to Rs 1.33/litre for the fortnight commencing 01.08.2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Draft Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Bill, 2014 circulated for inter-ministerial consultation
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 8th day in Commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Railways06-December, 2012 14:46 IST
|Railways’ Dedicated Freight Corridor Projects|
| Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle set up under the administration control of the Ministry of Railways to undertake planning, construction, operation and maintenance of Dedicated Freight Corridors. The Company functions through a Board of Directors which has been given full powers to take decisions connected with the execution of the Project. |
The relationship between the Ministry of Railways and DFCCIL is on arm’s length basis. DFCCIL has already been empowered to take decisions in respect of matters of project execution, contracts, planning, operation and maintenance, hiring of staff etc.
The entire Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (1499 Kms.) from Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Mumbai to Rewari/Dadri near New Delhi is being implemented with loan from Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Government of Japan.
Loan agreement for 1st tranche of 90 billion Japanese Yen (Rs.6,356 crore) out of a total of 350 billion Japanese Yen (Rs.24,600 crore) of Phase-1 (Rewari-Vadodara, 930 Kms.) of the project, has been signed.
Out of 1839 Kms. of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor from Ludhiana in Punjab to Dankuni near Kolkata, World Bank funding has been agreed for 1183 Kms. from Ludhiana to Mughalsarai. Loan agreement for the first sector (Khurja-Kanpur, 343 Kms.) for US $ 975 million (Rs.5350 crore) has been signed
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90038)