English Release 7-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to present Stree Shakti Puruskar, 2013
- President of India inaugurates Annual Innovation Exhibition
- President of India’s message on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Election Commission
- General Election to Sixteenth Lok Sabha and State Legislative Assemblies, 2014 – Media Coverage During the Period Referred to in Section 126 of RP Act, 1951
- Schedule for General Elections, 2014
- Fact Sheet on Tripura
- Fact Sheet on Assam
- Democratic Colors Of United India
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.20 per bbl on 06.3.2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals Show a Growth of 7.2% in February 2014 over February 2013
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 February 2014)
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises06-December, 2012 16:23 IST
|Impact of Chinese Imports on India Solar Energy
Apparatus Industry |
|Government of India has taken following steps under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) to protect Indian Solar Power Equipment Manufacturing Industry: |
i) Under off-grid solar scheme of Government of India, only modules made in India are allowed to be used.
ii) All Grid Solar Power Developers under Batch-I, Phase-I of JNNSM, using Crystalline Silicon Technology, are required to procure Modules manufactured in India.
iii) All Grid Solar Power Developers under Batch-II, Phase-I of JNNSM, using Crystalline Silicon Technology, are required to procure Cells and Modules manufactured in India.
iv) As per Government of India, Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), Notification No. 25/1999-Customs dated the 28 February 1999 (G.S.R. 161 E dated the 28 February, 1999) Custom Duty Exemption is extended on goods required for manufacturing of Solar Cell and Modules.
Further, all items of machinery required for initial setting up of a solar power generation project or facility are fully exempt from excise duty under Notification No. 15/2010-CE dated 27 February 2010 subject to fulfillment of certain conditions mentioned therein. Moreover, such goods enjoy concessional rate of customs duty of 5% adv. Vide Notification No. 1/2011-Customs, dated 6 January 2011.
The above information was given by the Minister for Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Shri Praful Patel to the Parliament.
(Release ID :90061)