English Release 20-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM delivers Convocation Address at the 42nd Convocation of AIIMS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.06 per bbl on 17.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India Won 6 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 19th October, 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister inaugurates “Silk Fab” exhibition
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Expert Advisory Group Constituted to Render Assistance to Matters Pertaining to Water Sector
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises06-December, 2012 16:23 IST
|Impact of Chinese Imports on India Solar Energy
Apparatus Industry |
|Government of India has taken following steps under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) to protect Indian Solar Power Equipment Manufacturing Industry: |
i) Under off-grid solar scheme of Government of India, only modules made in India are allowed to be used.
ii) All Grid Solar Power Developers under Batch-I, Phase-I of JNNSM, using Crystalline Silicon Technology, are required to procure Modules manufactured in India.
iii) All Grid Solar Power Developers under Batch-II, Phase-I of JNNSM, using Crystalline Silicon Technology, are required to procure Cells and Modules manufactured in India.
iv) As per Government of India, Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), Notification No. 25/1999-Customs dated the 28 February 1999 (G.S.R. 161 E dated the 28 February, 1999) Custom Duty Exemption is extended on goods required for manufacturing of Solar Cell and Modules.
Further, all items of machinery required for initial setting up of a solar power generation project or facility are fully exempt from excise duty under Notification No. 15/2010-CE dated 27 February 2010 subject to fulfillment of certain conditions mentioned therein. Moreover, such goods enjoy concessional rate of customs duty of 5% adv. Vide Notification No. 1/2011-Customs, dated 6 January 2011.
The above information was given by the Minister for Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Shri Praful Patel to the Parliament.
(Release ID :90061)