English Release 24-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM conveys greetings on United Nations Day
- PM salutes our brave ITBP personnel on the Raising Day of ITBP
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- DIPP Constitutes IPR Think Tank to Draft National Intellectual Property Rights Policy
- Min of Defence
- Brave Heart NCC Cadets Rescue Middle Aged Woman
from River Yamuna
- Ministry of Finance
- Government approves Twenty (20) Proposals of Foreign Direct Investment amounting to Rs 988.3 Crore
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan offers cooperation to Pakistan to end polio
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister addresses 53rd Raising Day Function of Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Modified DBTL Scheme
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.61 per bbl on 23.10.2014
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Electronic Toll Collection System to be Inaugurated on October 31, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India’s Performance at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 22nd and 23rd October, 2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu adopts Hudhud cyclone ravaged village of Andhra Pradesh for rehabilitation
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises06-December, 2012 16:23 IST
|Impact of Chinese Imports on India Solar Energy
Apparatus Industry |
|Government of India has taken following steps under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) to protect Indian Solar Power Equipment Manufacturing Industry: |
i) Under off-grid solar scheme of Government of India, only modules made in India are allowed to be used.
ii) All Grid Solar Power Developers under Batch-I, Phase-I of JNNSM, using Crystalline Silicon Technology, are required to procure Modules manufactured in India.
iii) All Grid Solar Power Developers under Batch-II, Phase-I of JNNSM, using Crystalline Silicon Technology, are required to procure Cells and Modules manufactured in India.
iv) As per Government of India, Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), Notification No. 25/1999-Customs dated the 28 February 1999 (G.S.R. 161 E dated the 28 February, 1999) Custom Duty Exemption is extended on goods required for manufacturing of Solar Cell and Modules.
Further, all items of machinery required for initial setting up of a solar power generation project or facility are fully exempt from excise duty under Notification No. 15/2010-CE dated 27 February 2010 subject to fulfillment of certain conditions mentioned therein. Moreover, such goods enjoy concessional rate of customs duty of 5% adv. Vide Notification No. 1/2011-Customs, dated 6 January 2011.
The above information was given by the Minister for Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Shri Praful Patel to the Parliament.
(Release ID :90061)