English Release 16-April 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Probationers of Indian Postal Service and Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service call on the President
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (5th Poll Day)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Indian Industry has an Important Role to Play in Developing Standards: Cabinet Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, ARECA Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 61st National Film Awards for 2013 Announced
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery declines to Rs 5.49/litre for the fortnight commencing 16.4.2014
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises06-December, 2012 16:23 IST
|Impact of Chinese Imports on India Solar Energy
Apparatus Industry |
|Government of India has taken following steps under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) to protect Indian Solar Power Equipment Manufacturing Industry: |
i) Under off-grid solar scheme of Government of India, only modules made in India are allowed to be used.
ii) All Grid Solar Power Developers under Batch-I, Phase-I of JNNSM, using Crystalline Silicon Technology, are required to procure Modules manufactured in India.
iii) All Grid Solar Power Developers under Batch-II, Phase-I of JNNSM, using Crystalline Silicon Technology, are required to procure Cells and Modules manufactured in India.
iv) As per Government of India, Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), Notification No. 25/1999-Customs dated the 28 February 1999 (G.S.R. 161 E dated the 28 February, 1999) Custom Duty Exemption is extended on goods required for manufacturing of Solar Cell and Modules.
Further, all items of machinery required for initial setting up of a solar power generation project or facility are fully exempt from excise duty under Notification No. 15/2010-CE dated 27 February 2010 subject to fulfillment of certain conditions mentioned therein. Moreover, such goods enjoy concessional rate of customs duty of 5% adv. Vide Notification No. 1/2011-Customs, dated 6 January 2011.
The above information was given by the Minister for Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Shri Praful Patel to the Parliament.
(Release ID :90061)