English Release 25-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President calls upon every University to identify at least one Department that can be made into a Centre of Excellence
- Speech by the Hon’ble President at the Inauguration of Maharaja Agrasen University,Solan, Himachal Pradesh, on May 25, 2013
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President’s Address at Golden Jubilee Commemorative Summit of African Union at Addis Ababa
- Min of Defence
- Shri R K Mathur takes over as the New Defence Secretary
- Min of Law & Justice
- Government to go in for a Stand-Alone Central Legislation to Curb any Dishonest Activity in Sports
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Conference of Ministers and Secretaries of States and Union Territories in-Charge of Sports & Youth Affairs Concludes in New Delhi
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises06-December, 2012 16:23 IST
|Impact of Chinese Imports on India Solar Energy
Apparatus Industry |
|Government of India has taken following steps under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission (JNNSM) to protect Indian Solar Power Equipment Manufacturing Industry: |
i) Under off-grid solar scheme of Government of India, only modules made in India are allowed to be used.
ii) All Grid Solar Power Developers under Batch-I, Phase-I of JNNSM, using Crystalline Silicon Technology, are required to procure Modules manufactured in India.
iii) All Grid Solar Power Developers under Batch-II, Phase-I of JNNSM, using Crystalline Silicon Technology, are required to procure Cells and Modules manufactured in India.
iv) As per Government of India, Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), Notification No. 25/1999-Customs dated the 28 February 1999 (G.S.R. 161 E dated the 28 February, 1999) Custom Duty Exemption is extended on goods required for manufacturing of Solar Cell and Modules.
Further, all items of machinery required for initial setting up of a solar power generation project or facility are fully exempt from excise duty under Notification No. 15/2010-CE dated 27 February 2010 subject to fulfillment of certain conditions mentioned therein. Moreover, such goods enjoy concessional rate of customs duty of 5% adv. Vide Notification No. 1/2011-Customs, dated 6 January 2011.
The above information was given by the Minister for Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Shri Praful Patel to the Parliament.
(Release ID :90061)