English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions06-December, 2012 17:10 IST
|Backlog Cases with CIC |
|The Central Information Commission has reported that 27856 cases were pending for disposal as on 29.02.2012 of which around 9500 cases were provisionally registered.|
The Central Government has taken several steps like issue of guidelines for the Central Public Information Officers and First Appellate Authorities enabling them to supply information/dispose of first appeal effectively resulting into less number of appeals to the Commission, sanction of additional posts of staff for the Commission etc. The Commission on its part launched a special drive to clear the pendency of appeals/complaints. Further, three more Information Commissioners have been appointed with effect from 1st March, 2012. It has also been decided in consultation with Chief Information Commissioner that Central Information Commission should be granted autonomy in recruitment of staff. Accordingly, the Commission has started the recruitment process for the posts for which Recruitment Rules have been notified.
This was stated by Shri V. Narayanasamy, Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office in written reply to a question by Shrimati Kanimozhi in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90082)