English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 17:38 IST
Committee on Direct Cash Transfers |
Government has constituted National Committee on Direct Cash Transfers chaired by the Prime Minister as a mechanism to coordinate action for introduction of direct cash transfers to individuals under various Government schemes and programmes. |
The National Committee on Direct Cash Transfers is mandated to engage in following tasks:
a) Provide an overarching vision and direction to enable direct cash transfers of benefits under various government schemes and programmes to individuals, leveraging the investments being made in the Aadhaar Project, financial inclusion and other initiatives of the Government, with the objective of enhancing efficiency, transparency and accountability.
b) Determine broad policy objectives and strategies for direct cash transfers.
c) Identify Government programmes and schemes for which direct cash transfers to individuals can be adopted and suggest the extent and scope of direct cash transfers in each case.
d) Coordinate the activities of various Ministries/Departments/Agencies involved in enabling direct cash transfers and ensure timely, coordinated action to ensure speedy rollout of direct cash transfers across the country.
e) Specify timelines for the rollout of direct cash transfers.
f) Review the progress of implementation of direct cash transfers and provide guidance for mid-course corrections.
g) Any other related matter.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :90093)