English Release 23-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ON THE EVE OF THE MARTYRDOM DAY OF GURU TEG BAHADUR
- PRESS COMMUNIQUE
- Min of Defence
- Coastal Security Network Must Ensure Zero Tolerance to Error: Parrikar
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 45TH IFFI Celebrates Dance in Indian Cinema
- New Experiments in Documentaries Section
- 45th IFFI Pays Retrospective Honours to Gulzar; Screens ‘Libas’
- Cinema Means Love and Responsibility Not Business: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Student Filmmakers are Promising and Full of Original Concepts: Prof. B. Diwakar
- Min of Science & Technology
- HPV option to prevent preterm births dangerous --Dr Harsh Vardhan
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 17:38 IST
Committee on Direct Cash Transfers |
Government has constituted National Committee on Direct Cash Transfers chaired by the Prime Minister as a mechanism to coordinate action for introduction of direct cash transfers to individuals under various Government schemes and programmes. |
The National Committee on Direct Cash Transfers is mandated to engage in following tasks:
a) Provide an overarching vision and direction to enable direct cash transfers of benefits under various government schemes and programmes to individuals, leveraging the investments being made in the Aadhaar Project, financial inclusion and other initiatives of the Government, with the objective of enhancing efficiency, transparency and accountability.
b) Determine broad policy objectives and strategies for direct cash transfers.
c) Identify Government programmes and schemes for which direct cash transfers to individuals can be adopted and suggest the extent and scope of direct cash transfers in each case.
d) Coordinate the activities of various Ministries/Departments/Agencies involved in enabling direct cash transfers and ensure timely, coordinated action to ensure speedy rollout of direct cash transfers across the country.
e) Specify timelines for the rollout of direct cash transfers.
f) Review the progress of implementation of direct cash transfers and provide guidance for mid-course corrections.
g) Any other related matter.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :90093)