English Release 12-December 2013
- Min of Civil Aviation
- New Crew Management System Introduced
- Committee Recommends AAI to Operate Airports
- Night Landing Facility at Tuticorin
- Advance System at IGIA
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Indian Delegation Files Past Mortal Remains of Nelson Mandela
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- National Consumer Helpline Records 6604 Calls in November, 2013
- Min of Earth Science
- Global Warming
- Weather Forecast
- Ministry of Finance
- DRI Asked to Focus on Better Trade Facilitation, Use of Latest Technology and Sharing of Information with Other Intelligence Agencies for Achieving Optimal Results
- Min of Home Affairs
- Shri T.K.Vinod Kumar Assigned Additional Charge of Director NPA
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Solar Power Stations in Bihar
- Generation of New and Renewable Energy
- Electricity Generation from Solar and Other Renewable Projects
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increases marginally to US$ 107.75/bbl on 11.12.2013
- Min of Shipping
- New Facilities at Visakhapatnam Port Trust
- Developments of New Major Ports in PPP Mode
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Withdrawal of Fresh Water
- DDP and DPAP Areas
- Incentives for Groundwater Conservation
- Roof Top Rain Water Harvesting
- Judicious Use of Water
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 17:38 IST
Committee on Direct Cash Transfers |
Government has constituted National Committee on Direct Cash Transfers chaired by the Prime Minister as a mechanism to coordinate action for introduction of direct cash transfers to individuals under various Government schemes and programmes. |
The National Committee on Direct Cash Transfers is mandated to engage in following tasks:
a) Provide an overarching vision and direction to enable direct cash transfers of benefits under various government schemes and programmes to individuals, leveraging the investments being made in the Aadhaar Project, financial inclusion and other initiatives of the Government, with the objective of enhancing efficiency, transparency and accountability.
b) Determine broad policy objectives and strategies for direct cash transfers.
c) Identify Government programmes and schemes for which direct cash transfers to individuals can be adopted and suggest the extent and scope of direct cash transfers in each case.
d) Coordinate the activities of various Ministries/Departments/Agencies involved in enabling direct cash transfers and ensure timely, coordinated action to ensure speedy rollout of direct cash transfers across the country.
e) Specify timelines for the rollout of direct cash transfers.
f) Review the progress of implementation of direct cash transfers and provide guidance for mid-course corrections.
g) Any other related matter.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :90093)