English Release 31-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Education will be the single biggest transformative factor in catapulting India into the league of developed nations, says President
- President of India congratulates Pankaj Advani on achieving 12th world title in Leeds
- President pays floral tributes to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of PM’s address at 'Run For Unity' at Rajpath on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- PM receives personal belongings of Sardar Patel, on his 139th birth anniversary
- Sidelights – Run For Unity Event at Rajpath, New Delhi
- PM flags off, joins Run For Unity on Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM remembers Smt. Indira Gandhi on her Punya Tithi
- PM pays tributes to Sardar Patel on his birth anniversary
- Election Commission
- General Election to Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir 2014 - Allotment of Broadcast/Telecast time to Political Parties – regarding
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), September, 2014
- Department of Commerce calls for creative participation for India’s participation at Hannover Messe
- Min of Defence
- Minor Incident Involving Naval Ship
- Indian Warships Visit to Port Louis
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stocks
Major Focus of the Government is to Bring Back the Growth Momentum: Finance Minister
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.30 per cent Government Stock, 2040’
Auction for Sale of a new Government Stock of 19 Years
Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.60 per cent Government Stock, 2028’
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of ‘8.27 per cent Government Stock, 2020’
- Subash Chandra Garg Relieved to take up His New Assignment As Executive Director, World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Rajiv Mehrishi takes over as Secretry, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- MoU with Spain on organ transplantation soon
- Min of Home Affairs
- MoS Home Kiren Rijiju participates in ‘Run for Unity’
- Text of Home Minister's speech at NPA, Hyderabad
- Cyber Crime Prevention Strategy will be Strengthened: Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh
- Home Secretary Administers Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Pledge
- “Police Stations should become Temples of Justice,” says Rajnath Singh
- Min of Human Resource Development
- 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers Held
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Standing Committee on Railways invites suggestions on Railways(Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2014 Declaration of Result of Written Part
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Constitution of Steering Committee for successful implementation of “Make in India” campaign in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.77 per bbl on 30.10.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Protection Force hosting 15th All Indian Police Band Competition
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Institute of Driving Training & Research to be inaugurated tomorrow at Pune
- Electronic Toll Collection System makes Delhi-Mumbai Drive Faster and Cheaper
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on October 30, 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- SRB to be raised by 10 basis points every year
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 17:38 IST
Committee on Direct Cash Transfers |
Government has constituted National Committee on Direct Cash Transfers chaired by the Prime Minister as a mechanism to coordinate action for introduction of direct cash transfers to individuals under various Government schemes and programmes. |
The National Committee on Direct Cash Transfers is mandated to engage in following tasks:
a) Provide an overarching vision and direction to enable direct cash transfers of benefits under various government schemes and programmes to individuals, leveraging the investments being made in the Aadhaar Project, financial inclusion and other initiatives of the Government, with the objective of enhancing efficiency, transparency and accountability.
b) Determine broad policy objectives and strategies for direct cash transfers.
c) Identify Government programmes and schemes for which direct cash transfers to individuals can be adopted and suggest the extent and scope of direct cash transfers in each case.
d) Coordinate the activities of various Ministries/Departments/Agencies involved in enabling direct cash transfers and ensure timely, coordinated action to ensure speedy rollout of direct cash transfers across the country.
e) Specify timelines for the rollout of direct cash transfers.
f) Review the progress of implementation of direct cash transfers and provide guidance for mid-course corrections.
g) Any other related matter.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :90093)