English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 17:39 IST
|Illegal Trading of Shares |
|Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the market regulator, has received complaints against some entities regarding alleged illegal trading of shares in various parts of the country. |
Whenever SEBI receives such complaints, the same are taken up with the stock exchanges, with an advice to examine the matter and report back to SEBI. In terms of the provisions of the SEBI Act, 1992 and Regulations made there under, SEBI has taken enforcement actions against a few intermediaries registered with SEBI, including passing restraint orders, cancellation of certificate of registration of stock brokers involved in such incidences, quasi-judicial proceedings, adjudication proceedings, consent and compounding and filing FIR with the Police. Further, the following measures have been taken by Government and SEBI.
(i) As a preventive measure, SEBI vide circular dated 29.09.2006, had made it mandatory for stock brokers to report off-market transactions to the stock exchange.
(ii) Further, with a view to impress upon the State Governments to take appropriate and timely action, the Government of India and SEBI had also written to all the State Governments and Union Territories, advising them to take urgent steps to contain illegal trading. SEBI, on its part, has initiated training programmes and guidance to State Police Departments to deal with instances of illegal trading.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :90094)