English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note on Ebola
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Team Of ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ Meets the Press at the 45TH IFFI
- Directors and Producers of Indian Panorama Opening Films in the 45th IFFI Interact with the Media
- Indian Philosophy of Mutual Respect and Love are My Source of Inspiration: Paul Cox
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
- Min of Urban Development
- Venkaiah Naidu, Urban Development Minister, delivers Keynote Address at US – India Smart Cities Conclave
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu visits market, residential areas in R K Puram, New Delhi to check cleanliness
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Government to Start Jal Gram Scheme in Every District Says Uma Bharti
- Our District-Our Water Programme to be Launched to take the Message of Water Conservation to Every Village of the Country-Uma Bharti
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 17:39 IST
|Illegal Trading of Shares |
|Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the market regulator, has received complaints against some entities regarding alleged illegal trading of shares in various parts of the country. |
Whenever SEBI receives such complaints, the same are taken up with the stock exchanges, with an advice to examine the matter and report back to SEBI. In terms of the provisions of the SEBI Act, 1992 and Regulations made there under, SEBI has taken enforcement actions against a few intermediaries registered with SEBI, including passing restraint orders, cancellation of certificate of registration of stock brokers involved in such incidences, quasi-judicial proceedings, adjudication proceedings, consent and compounding and filing FIR with the Police. Further, the following measures have been taken by Government and SEBI.
(i) As a preventive measure, SEBI vide circular dated 29.09.2006, had made it mandatory for stock brokers to report off-market transactions to the stock exchange.
(ii) Further, with a view to impress upon the State Governments to take appropriate and timely action, the Government of India and SEBI had also written to all the State Governments and Union Territories, advising them to take urgent steps to contain illegal trading. SEBI, on its part, has initiated training programmes and guidance to State Police Departments to deal with instances of illegal trading.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :90094)