English Release 11-March 2014
- Election Commission
- Election Expenditure per elector up by twenty times in 2009 compared to first General Elections
- Fact Sheet on NCT of Delhi
- Press Note
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- India’s Foreign Trade: February, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.46 per bbl on 10.3.2014
Ministry of Human Resource Development06-December, 2012 17:46 IST
|Infrastructure Norms Laid Down Under RTE Act |
|As per District Information on Educational Statistics (DISE) 2011-12 (provisional), 87.7% elementary schools have toilets, 94.6% have drinking water, 53.6% have ramps, 70.1% have boundary walls and 79.1% have playgrounds. |
The Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) seeks to augment school infrastructure with the objective of meeting RTE requirements, for which so far 3.04 lakh school buildings, 17.92 lakh additional classrooms, 8.53 lakh toilets, 2.29 lakh drinking water facilities, 5.01 lakh ramps and boundary walls in 1.57 lakh schools have been sanctioned across the States / Union Territories.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Shashi Tharoor in Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
(Release ID :90100)