English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs06-December, 2012 17:59 IST
|Impact of FDI on SMEs |
|The existing policy, allows for 100 per cent Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), in single-brand trade, subject to the condition that in respect of proposals involving FDI beyond 51 per cent, sourcing of 30 per cent of the value of goods purchased, will be done from India, preferably from micro, small & medium enterprise (MSMEs), village and cottage industries, artisans and craftsmen, in all sectors as per Circular 1 of 2012 – Consolidated FDI Policy of DIPP. |
FDI complements and supplements domestic investment. The small and medium enterprises (SMEs) would be benefited through FDI, by way of enhanced access to supplementary capital & state-of-the-art technologies, exposure to global managerial practices and technologies as well as opportunities for integration into global markets.
As per existing policy, FDI in MSEs (as defined under Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006 (MSMED Act, 2006) is subject to the sectoral caps, entry routes and other relevant sectoral regulations.
This information was given by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri K. H. Muniyappa in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90112)