English Release 26-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
Probationers of Indian Postal Service and Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service call on the President
- Emir of Qatar calls on the President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- DELEGATION OF CPWD OFFICER'S WIVES ASSOCIATION CALLS ON VICE
- It is Disappointing that even Country’s Top Universities Remain Largely Teaching-Focused with Limited Research and Doctoral Education-Vice President
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM calls for
- Bihar CM calls on PM
- Delegation meets PM to discuss issues related to Jat Community
- PM greets the people of Bangladesh, on their Independence Day
- Ayushman Bharat on Doordarshan
- Election Commission
- Biennial Election to the Council of States from Kerala.
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister emphasises that the Prime Minister attaches importance to revitalization of the Agriculture Sector through modernization of farming practices
- Min of Coal
- Coal Minister Launches Projects Monitoring Portal
to Enhance Efficiency, Transparency & Improve Communication Between B2G, G2G & G2B
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Consumer Outreach Programme by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) at Delhi
- Spectrum Auction Concludes with Over 88% Of Spectrum Offered Provisionally Committed
- Min of Earth Science
- Total Eclipse of the Moon on Saturday
- Ministry of Finance
- NTPC Ltd. Becomes First PSU to Issue Bonus Debentures;
- Government of India Releases an Amount of Rs. 805.17 Crore to the Government of Punjab Under National Small Savings Fund (NSSF) and Thereby Released Total Amount of Rs. 2045.16 Crore During the FY 2014-15
- India Signs Loan Agreement with ADB for $300 Million for Improving Regional Road Connectivity along the North Bengal-North Eastern Region (NER); About 500 Km of Roads to be Constructed under the Program
- Financial Assistance of Rs. 250 Crore to Andhra Pradesh for Setting up SPV for the Polavaram Irrigation Project
- Amendment to Exchange Rates of Foreign Currency
Notification No. 32/2015 - Customs (N.T.) Dated 19th March, 2015
- Min of Home Affairs
- Kiren Rijiju attends Hans Raj College Alumni
- Holding of additional charge of the post of DG, BPR&D
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Massachusetts Institute students call on Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 53.31 per bbl on 25.03.2015
- Ministry of Railways
- RWWCO Honouurs 35 Railway Women Employees or their Outstaning Performace
- Min of Science & Technology
- National Institute of Immunology (NII) Signs MoUs to Promote Science Education in Colleges
- Min of Shipping
- Cabinet Decisions for Shipping Sector Revolutionary, says Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Textiles
29th India Carpet Expo starts tomorrow
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 18:55 IST
|Government takes Several Initiatives to attract Foreign Investment |
|Government has been making concerted efforts to attract greater foreign investment into India. Some of the important steps taken in this direction are as under: |
i) The Qualified Foreign Investor (QFI) scheme was introduced in the Budget 2011-12 by allowing foreign investors to invest in Mutual Funds, subject to certain conditions. On 1st January, 2012, the Government expanded this scheme to allow QFIs to directly invest in Indian Equity Market. As announced in Budget 2012-13, QFI can now also invest in corporate bonds.
ii) The limits for FII investment in various categories of debt securities have progressively been enhanced. Further, the debt limit allocation mechanism for FIIs have been rationalised by allowing reinvestment facility to FIIs; Reduction in utilization period of debt limits and adoption of First Come First Serve (FCFS) method of allocating limits in case of the long term infra bonds.
iii) The terms and conditions for the FII investment scheme in infrastructure dept and non-resident investment scheme in Infrastructure debt funds (IDFs) have been rationalised in terms of reduction in lock-in period and residual maturity criterion.
iv) The policy pertaining to the Foreign Direct Investment is being periodically reviewed and the latest liberalisations measures taken are in the sectors of multi-brand retail trading, single brand retail trading, permitting investments in the civil aviation sector, enhancing limits in the Broadcasting sector, permitting FDI in power exchanges. These measures have been notified vide Press Notes No. 4 to 8 2012, issued by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
The aforesaid reform measures taken by the Government were conveyed to the representatives of FIIs in recent meetings/discussions. These steps have been welcomed by FIIs.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance Shri Namo Narain Meena in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * * * *
(Release ID :90127)