English Release 19-June 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President of India to visit Tripura from June 20 to 21
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM announces 1000 crore rupee disaster relief for Uttarakhand
- PM congratulates President-elect Rowhani of Iran
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Extension of time for receiving comments on draft amendments to the Interconnection Regulations applicable for Digital Addressable Cable Television Systems (DAS) and Tariff Order applicable for all addressable systems
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
National Consumer Helpline Records 12,704 Calls in may, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Armed Forces Mount Massive Relief Operations in Uttarakhand and Himachal
- Ministry of Finance
Government Approves 1 Proposal of Foreign Direct Investment Amounting to About Rs.7.00 Crore
- India and World Bank Sign Us$ 216 Million Agreement
for Kerala State Transport Project
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Smt. Santosh Chowdhary takes over as Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- MoS for HRD Shri Jitin Prasada visits Seoul International Book Fair (SIBF) 2013
- HRD Ministry to Strengthen Monitoring System of Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- MoPNG rebuts allegations regarding KG D-6 Field
- International crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to
103.20/US$ bbl on 18.6.2013
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue by Railways Goes up by 8.66 Per Cent During April-May 2013
- Shri Mallikarjun Kharge Takes Over as Minister of Railways
- Min of Shipping
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Signs Concession Agreement with M/s. Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd
- Min of Textiles
- K S Rao Takes Charge as New Textiles Minister
- Ministry of Tourism
- Tourism Minister Announces New Campaign to Promote Himalayas
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 18:55 IST
|Government takes Several Initiatives to attract Foreign Investment |
|Government has been making concerted efforts to attract greater foreign investment into India. Some of the important steps taken in this direction are as under: |
i) The Qualified Foreign Investor (QFI) scheme was introduced in the Budget 2011-12 by allowing foreign investors to invest in Mutual Funds, subject to certain conditions. On 1st January, 2012, the Government expanded this scheme to allow QFIs to directly invest in Indian Equity Market. As announced in Budget 2012-13, QFI can now also invest in corporate bonds.
ii) The limits for FII investment in various categories of debt securities have progressively been enhanced. Further, the debt limit allocation mechanism for FIIs have been rationalised by allowing reinvestment facility to FIIs; Reduction in utilization period of debt limits and adoption of First Come First Serve (FCFS) method of allocating limits in case of the long term infra bonds.
iii) The terms and conditions for the FII investment scheme in infrastructure dept and non-resident investment scheme in Infrastructure debt funds (IDFs) have been rationalised in terms of reduction in lock-in period and residual maturity criterion.
iv) The policy pertaining to the Foreign Direct Investment is being periodically reviewed and the latest liberalisations measures taken are in the sectors of multi-brand retail trading, single brand retail trading, permitting investments in the civil aviation sector, enhancing limits in the Broadcasting sector, permitting FDI in power exchanges. These measures have been notified vide Press Notes No. 4 to 8 2012, issued by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
The aforesaid reform measures taken by the Government were conveyed to the representatives of FIIs in recent meetings/discussions. These steps have been welcomed by FIIs.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance Shri Namo Narain Meena in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * * * *
(Release ID :90127)