English Release 30-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
President to flag off the ‘Run for Unity’ tomorrow at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Vice President's Secretariat
- STUDENTS FROM J&K UNDER AEGIS OF SADBHAVNA EDUCATIONAL /MOTIVATIONAL TOUR CALL ON VICE PRESIDENT
- Vice President Inaugurates 7th Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Scientific Session
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles loss of lives in Sri Lanka landslide
- Shri Azim Premji calls on the Prime Minister
- Goa CM calls on PM
- Department of Space
- Engineers’ Conclave-2014 to be held in Bangalore
- Min of Agriculture
- Shaida Moh. Abdali Afghanistan Ambassador Calls on
Union Agriculture Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh
- Good Performance of NCDC
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Sugar production estimated 250.46 lakh tons during 2014-15
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Announces Measures for Fiscal Prudence and Economy; Every Ministry / Department to Effect A Mandatory 10% Cut in Non-Plan Expenditure; Utmost Economy to be Observed in Organizing Conferences/Seminars/Workshops; Ban on Purchase of Vehicles; in all Cases of Air Travel, the Lowest Air Fare Tickets Available for Entitled Class to be Purchased/Procured.
- Government Committed to Increase Savings Rate in the Country: Secretary, Financial Services;
- Finance Minister Asks the Senior Officers of the Income Tax Department not to Lose Sight of Domestic Black Money
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
For ending TB, Dr Harsh Vardhan calls for “Power of belief”
- Min of Home Affairs
- Activities on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas celebrations on 31st October
- Union Home Minister Approves Grant of Higher Compensation to Victims of Riots, Naxal and Terrorist Violence
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of HRD to Host 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Shri Arvind Mayaram is New Secretary of Minority Affairs
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Early closure of Government Offices today in connection with the “Run for Unity” flag off at Vijay Chowk
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.14 per bbl on 29.10.2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Japan offers assistance in promoting Intelligent Transport Systems
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Visit Kanpur Tomorrow
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi to hold first round of Regional Consultations on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in Chandigarh tomorrow
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 18:55 IST
|Government takes Several Initiatives to attract Foreign Investment |
|Government has been making concerted efforts to attract greater foreign investment into India. Some of the important steps taken in this direction are as under: |
i) The Qualified Foreign Investor (QFI) scheme was introduced in the Budget 2011-12 by allowing foreign investors to invest in Mutual Funds, subject to certain conditions. On 1st January, 2012, the Government expanded this scheme to allow QFIs to directly invest in Indian Equity Market. As announced in Budget 2012-13, QFI can now also invest in corporate bonds.
ii) The limits for FII investment in various categories of debt securities have progressively been enhanced. Further, the debt limit allocation mechanism for FIIs have been rationalised by allowing reinvestment facility to FIIs; Reduction in utilization period of debt limits and adoption of First Come First Serve (FCFS) method of allocating limits in case of the long term infra bonds.
iii) The terms and conditions for the FII investment scheme in infrastructure dept and non-resident investment scheme in Infrastructure debt funds (IDFs) have been rationalised in terms of reduction in lock-in period and residual maturity criterion.
iv) The policy pertaining to the Foreign Direct Investment is being periodically reviewed and the latest liberalisations measures taken are in the sectors of multi-brand retail trading, single brand retail trading, permitting investments in the civil aviation sector, enhancing limits in the Broadcasting sector, permitting FDI in power exchanges. These measures have been notified vide Press Notes No. 4 to 8 2012, issued by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
The aforesaid reform measures taken by the Government were conveyed to the representatives of FIIs in recent meetings/discussions. These steps have been welcomed by FIIs.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance Shri Namo Narain Meena in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * * * *
(Release ID :90127)