English Release 28-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens On Id-Ul-Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- Foreign Minister of Uganda calls on PM
- Election Commission
- Bye-elections to the State Legislative Council of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra by the Members of Legislative Assembly
- Min of Agriculture
Rashtriya Gokul Mission Aims to Conserve and Develop Indigenous Breeds
- Min of Defence
- IAF Receives the 6th C-17 Globemaster III in the Presence of Hon’ble Defence Minister Shri Arun Jaitley
- BEL-Bangalore Complex Certified for ISO 27001
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Advertising campaign to be launched to popularize Science Express- Biodiversity Special- Prakash Javadekar
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stock
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- “Mass awareness required on simple steps to control diarrhoea”
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister reviews Disaster Management and Border Management Divisions
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased marginally to
US$ 106.01 per bbl on 25.07.2014
- Min of Shipping
- Kanika Sands Transshipment Zone
- Min of Textiles
Textiles Vision Document Projects Textiles Export to Touch US $ 300 Billion by the Year 2024-25
- Min of Urban Development
- Bio-metric attendance system soon for employees of urban ministries
- Min of Women and Child Development
- The Number of Beneficiaries Covered under ICPS on the Rise
- Total of 3924 Children placed in In-Country adoption during 2013-14
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- India wins 5 Medals on Day 4 of the Commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 18:55 IST
|Government takes Several Initiatives to attract Foreign Investment |
|Government has been making concerted efforts to attract greater foreign investment into India. Some of the important steps taken in this direction are as under: |
i) The Qualified Foreign Investor (QFI) scheme was introduced in the Budget 2011-12 by allowing foreign investors to invest in Mutual Funds, subject to certain conditions. On 1st January, 2012, the Government expanded this scheme to allow QFIs to directly invest in Indian Equity Market. As announced in Budget 2012-13, QFI can now also invest in corporate bonds.
ii) The limits for FII investment in various categories of debt securities have progressively been enhanced. Further, the debt limit allocation mechanism for FIIs have been rationalised by allowing reinvestment facility to FIIs; Reduction in utilization period of debt limits and adoption of First Come First Serve (FCFS) method of allocating limits in case of the long term infra bonds.
iii) The terms and conditions for the FII investment scheme in infrastructure dept and non-resident investment scheme in Infrastructure debt funds (IDFs) have been rationalised in terms of reduction in lock-in period and residual maturity criterion.
iv) The policy pertaining to the Foreign Direct Investment is being periodically reviewed and the latest liberalisations measures taken are in the sectors of multi-brand retail trading, single brand retail trading, permitting investments in the civil aviation sector, enhancing limits in the Broadcasting sector, permitting FDI in power exchanges. These measures have been notified vide Press Notes No. 4 to 8 2012, issued by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
The aforesaid reform measures taken by the Government were conveyed to the representatives of FIIs in recent meetings/discussions. These steps have been welcomed by FIIs.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance Shri Namo Narain Meena in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * * * *
(Release ID :90127)