English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 18:55 IST
|Government takes Several Initiatives to attract Foreign Investment |
|Government has been making concerted efforts to attract greater foreign investment into India. Some of the important steps taken in this direction are as under: |
i) The Qualified Foreign Investor (QFI) scheme was introduced in the Budget 2011-12 by allowing foreign investors to invest in Mutual Funds, subject to certain conditions. On 1st January, 2012, the Government expanded this scheme to allow QFIs to directly invest in Indian Equity Market. As announced in Budget 2012-13, QFI can now also invest in corporate bonds.
ii) The limits for FII investment in various categories of debt securities have progressively been enhanced. Further, the debt limit allocation mechanism for FIIs have been rationalised by allowing reinvestment facility to FIIs; Reduction in utilization period of debt limits and adoption of First Come First Serve (FCFS) method of allocating limits in case of the long term infra bonds.
iii) The terms and conditions for the FII investment scheme in infrastructure dept and non-resident investment scheme in Infrastructure debt funds (IDFs) have been rationalised in terms of reduction in lock-in period and residual maturity criterion.
iv) The policy pertaining to the Foreign Direct Investment is being periodically reviewed and the latest liberalisations measures taken are in the sectors of multi-brand retail trading, single brand retail trading, permitting investments in the civil aviation sector, enhancing limits in the Broadcasting sector, permitting FDI in power exchanges. These measures have been notified vide Press Notes No. 4 to 8 2012, issued by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
The aforesaid reform measures taken by the Government were conveyed to the representatives of FIIs in recent meetings/discussions. These steps have been welcomed by FIIs.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance Shri Namo Narain Meena in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * * * *
(Release ID :90127)