English Release 2-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Inaugurates 89th Foundation Course at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- PM inaugurates Vivekananda Cultural Centre at Indian Embassy in Tokyo
- PM’s remarks at the Indian Community Reception in Tokyo
- PM's keynote address at welcome reception hosted by Japan-India Association and Japan-India Parliamentary Friendship League
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- PM's keynote address at event organized by Nikkei Inc. and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- PM’s remarks after inaugurating the TCS Japan Technology and Culture Academy
- PM's special lecture at the University of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo
- Min of Agriculture
- Government puts Agriculture Sector on Fast Track
- Min of Defence
- Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS Abhiraj Commissioned at Tuticorin
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Initiatives of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- A High Level Committee Constituted for Considering the Proposals for Assessment of Income arising or accruing before 1st April, 2012 on Account of Retrospective Amendments to the Provisions Related to Indirect Transfer
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Revised strategy for Kala Azar eradication launched
- Min of Home Affairs
- MHA Asks Manipur Govt to Take Preventive Steps in view of UNC Blockade
- Union Home Minister asks Kerala CM to take Strict action against Political Killings
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- I&B Ministry initiatives to enhance Outreach and information dissemination through multiple platforms
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Petroleum Minister emphasizes on adopting energy efficient techniques for better development of the nation
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 101.29 per bbl on 01.09.2014
- Min of Power
- Landmark Initiatives for Energy Efficiency Launched
- Min of Rural Development
- Sweeping changes made in MGNREGA by Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Science & Technology
- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) Releases the Annual Report for the Year 2013-14
- MoU Signed between National Cancer Institute, AIIMS, Jhajjar Campus and DBT, GOI
- Dr Jitendra Singh Announces DBT Collaboration in Establishing A “National Cancer Institute” at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- “Single Window System” for Obtaining Market Information on Minor Forest Produces Through Toll Free Number 1800 180 1551
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 18:55 IST
|Government takes Several Initiatives to attract Foreign Investment |
|Government has been making concerted efforts to attract greater foreign investment into India. Some of the important steps taken in this direction are as under: |
i) The Qualified Foreign Investor (QFI) scheme was introduced in the Budget 2011-12 by allowing foreign investors to invest in Mutual Funds, subject to certain conditions. On 1st January, 2012, the Government expanded this scheme to allow QFIs to directly invest in Indian Equity Market. As announced in Budget 2012-13, QFI can now also invest in corporate bonds.
ii) The limits for FII investment in various categories of debt securities have progressively been enhanced. Further, the debt limit allocation mechanism for FIIs have been rationalised by allowing reinvestment facility to FIIs; Reduction in utilization period of debt limits and adoption of First Come First Serve (FCFS) method of allocating limits in case of the long term infra bonds.
iii) The terms and conditions for the FII investment scheme in infrastructure dept and non-resident investment scheme in Infrastructure debt funds (IDFs) have been rationalised in terms of reduction in lock-in period and residual maturity criterion.
iv) The policy pertaining to the Foreign Direct Investment is being periodically reviewed and the latest liberalisations measures taken are in the sectors of multi-brand retail trading, single brand retail trading, permitting investments in the civil aviation sector, enhancing limits in the Broadcasting sector, permitting FDI in power exchanges. These measures have been notified vide Press Notes No. 4 to 8 2012, issued by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
The aforesaid reform measures taken by the Government were conveyed to the representatives of FIIs in recent meetings/discussions. These steps have been welcomed by FIIs.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance Shri Namo Narain Meena in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * * * *
(Release ID :90127)