English Release 1-November 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM greets People of Madhya Pradesh on State’s Foundation Day
- PM greets People of Haryana on Haryana Day
- PM greets the people of Karnataka on Kannada Rajyotsava
- PM greets the people of Chhattisgarh on their Foundation Day
- Min of Defence
- Air Marshal B Suresh Takes Over as Senior Air Staff Officer Western Air Command, IAF
Ministry of Finance06-December, 2012 19:02 IST
|SEBI for Stronger Recovery Powers |
|The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has proposed that the SEBI Act be amended to provide for effective mechanisms for recovery of monetary penalties imposed by SEBI in such manner as may be specified by regulations or if found expedient as per provisions of the Income Tax Act through a reference to the income tax authority on the lines of the provisions of Section 39 of the Competition Act, 2002. |
As on 30th June, 2012, there are 1290 defaulters, and the total amount of penalty imposed on them is Rs. 112,25,98,000 (Rupees One Hundred Twelve Crore, Twenty Five Lakh Ninety Eight Thousand only).
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance Shri Namo Narain Meena in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha today.
* * * * *
(Release ID :90131)