English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare07-December, 2012 14:00 IST
|Government of India has proposed to set up one National Institute of Paramedical Sciences (NIPS) at Najafgarh (Delhi) and eight Regional Institutes of Paramedical Sciences (RIPS) at Nagpur (Maharashtra), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Bhubaneswar (Odisha), Chandigarh (UT), Coimbatore (Tamilnadu), Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) and one location in Bihar at a total cost of 804.43 Crore to be shared in the ratio of 85:15 between Central and the State Governments under the centrally sponsored scheme namely “Establishment of NIPS, RIPS and Supporting the State Govt. Medical College for conducting paramedical courses through one time grant”. Detailed Project Report (DPR) of NIPS, Najafgarh (Delhi), RIPS Coimbatore and Chandigarh is under finalization by HLL Lifecare Limited, the project consultant. All out efforts are being made to establish the institutes in 12th Plan period. |
Under manpower development component of the above scheme, Govt. of India has received proposals five from Maharashtra, four from Rajasthan, one from Uttarakhand, three from Assam, five from Kerala, one from Gujarat and seven from Uttar Pradesh. Some proposals have been examined by the Technical Committee under Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). Based on the recommendations of Technical Committee and approval of the competent authority in this Ministry, Rs. 21.22 crore has been released to 5 Medical Colleges of Maharashtra and Rajasthan. Rs. 3.91 Crore will be released to a college of Assam as soon as Memorandum of Understanding in this regard is received from them.
Government of India has proposed a new scheme namely “Setting up of State institutions of paramedical sciences in States and Setting up of college of paramedical education” in 12th Plan to set up 20 State Paramedical institutions and to give one time grant-in-aid to 149 Government Medical Colleges to meet shortage of Paramedical Staff in the country.
This information was given by Minister for Health & Family Welfare Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90148)