English Release 21-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- VICE PRESIDENT’S ADDRESS AT VALEDICTORY FUNCTION OF CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS OF CATHOLIC ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH KANARA AT MANGALORE
- Prime Minister's Office
- Transcript of Prime Minister's Interview to CNN
- PM congratulates John Key on re-election as PM of New Zealand
- PM greets Japanese PM Shinzo Abe on his birthday
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Shri Gadkari to Assess Damage to the Roads Due to Floods in J & K
- Min of Rural Development
- Nitin Gadkari to visit Srinagar tomorrow for high level review of relief operations
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare07-December, 2012 14:03 IST
|Medical Entrance Test|
|National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to various Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) medical courses is mandatory in respect of medical colleges falling under the ambit of Medical Council of India (MCI) as per amendments made in MCI’s regulations which are binding in nature. |
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has been identified as the agency for conducting NEET for UG and National Board of Examinations (NBE) for PG medical courses.
NBE is conducting NEET-PG during 23.11.2012 to 06.12.2012 on-line at 33 cities across the country while CBSE will conduct NEET-UG on 05.05.2013 in paper pencil mode at 83 cities in India and 2 cities abroad as multiple choice questions based tests. NEET-UG is also being conducted in six regional languages, viz. Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Telugu and Assamese in addition to Hindi and English.
This information was given by Minister for Health & Family Welfare Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad in written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90151)