English Release 1-November 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM chairs meeting of the National Committee for Commemoration of 125th Birth Anniversary of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
- Prime Minister’s Kerala Piravi Greetings
- PM greets People of Madhya Pradesh on State’s Foundation Day
- PM greets People of Haryana on Haryana Day
- PM greets the people of Karnataka on Kannada Rajyotsava
- PM greets the people of Chhattisgarh on their Foundation Day
- Min of Agriculture
- Radha Mohan Singh stresses need of taking Indian Agriculture to newer heights
- Min of Defence
- Air Marshal B Suresh Takes Over as Senior Air Staff Officer Western Air Command, IAF
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Illegal Wildlife Products to be incinerated at National Zoological Park tomorrow
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Term of the Fourteenth Finance Commission Extended by Two Months up to 31st December, 2014
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister Rajnath singh says the values are equally important along with knowledge
Ministry of Tourism07-December, 2012 14:28 IST
|Target for Tourism Development
|Tourism targets for the 12th Five Year Plan have not been finalized yet by the Planning Commission. The 11th Five Year Plan had set a target of 10 million international visitors by 2011. For Domestic Tourism, the target to be achieved in 2010 and 2011 was fixed at 725 million and 812 million, respectively. |
To boost tourism, the Ministry of Tourism, as part of its on-going activities, releases print, electronic, online and outdoor media campaigns in the international and domestic markets, under the Incredible India brand-line, to promote various tourism destinations and products of the country. In addition, a series of promotional activities are undertaken in important and potential tourist generating markets overseas through the Indiatourism Offices abroad with the objective of showcasing India’s tourism potential. These promotional activities include participation in travel fairs and exhibitions; organising road shows, workshops; organizing and supporting Indian food and cultural festivals; publication of brochures; offering joint advertising and brochure support and inviting media personalities, tour operators and opinion makers to visit the country under the Hospitality Programme of the Ministry.
The number of Foreign Tourist Arrivals in India during 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 was 5.17 million, 5.78 million, 6.31 million and 5.21 million (January – October, 2012) (Provisional), respectively.
The number of domestic tourist visits to different States and Union Territories of the country during 2009, 2010 and 2011 was 669 million, 748 million and 851 million (Provisional), respectively.
This information was given by the Union Tourism Minister Shri Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90158)