English Release 24-April 2014
- Election Commission
- List of Contesting Candidates for Parliamentry Constituences(for Poll Dates Till 24 th April)
- Min of Civil Aviation
Delhi Airport to Become Zero Diversionary Airport
- Min of Culture
- Festival of India in China – Launch of Logo, Release of Posters and Webpage
- Min of Earth Science
- IMD Releases Long Range Forecast for the 2014 Southwest Monsoon Season Rainfall
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decline marginally to US$ 106.81 per bbl on 23.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- International Conference on - ‘Emerging Fire Protection Technologies for Rolling Stock’ Inaugurated
Ministry of Tourism07-December, 2012 14:28 IST
|Target for Tourism Development
|Tourism targets for the 12th Five Year Plan have not been finalized yet by the Planning Commission. The 11th Five Year Plan had set a target of 10 million international visitors by 2011. For Domestic Tourism, the target to be achieved in 2010 and 2011 was fixed at 725 million and 812 million, respectively. |
To boost tourism, the Ministry of Tourism, as part of its on-going activities, releases print, electronic, online and outdoor media campaigns in the international and domestic markets, under the Incredible India brand-line, to promote various tourism destinations and products of the country. In addition, a series of promotional activities are undertaken in important and potential tourist generating markets overseas through the Indiatourism Offices abroad with the objective of showcasing India’s tourism potential. These promotional activities include participation in travel fairs and exhibitions; organising road shows, workshops; organizing and supporting Indian food and cultural festivals; publication of brochures; offering joint advertising and brochure support and inviting media personalities, tour operators and opinion makers to visit the country under the Hospitality Programme of the Ministry.
The number of Foreign Tourist Arrivals in India during 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 was 5.17 million, 5.78 million, 6.31 million and 5.21 million (January – October, 2012) (Provisional), respectively.
The number of domestic tourist visits to different States and Union Territories of the country during 2009, 2010 and 2011 was 669 million, 748 million and 851 million (Provisional), respectively.
This information was given by the Union Tourism Minister Shri Chiranjeevi in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90158)