English Release 26-March 2015
- President's Secretariat
Probationers of Indian Postal Service and Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service call on the President
- Emir of Qatar calls on the President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- DELEGATION OF CPWD OFFICER'S WIVES ASSOCIATION CALLS ON VICE
- It is Disappointing that even Country’s Top Universities Remain Largely Teaching-Focused with Limited Research and Doctoral Education-Vice President
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM calls for
- Bihar CM calls on PM
- Delegation meets PM to discuss issues related to Jat Community
- PM greets the people of Bangladesh, on their Independence Day
- Ayushman Bharat on Doordarshan
- Election Commission
- Biennial Election to the Council of States from Kerala.
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister emphasises that the Prime Minister attaches importance to revitalization of the Agriculture Sector through modernization of farming practices
- Min of Coal
- Coal Minister Launches Projects Monitoring Portal
to Enhance Efficiency, Transparency & Improve Communication Between B2G, G2G & G2B
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Consumer Outreach Programme by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) at Delhi
- Spectrum Auction Concludes with Over 88% Of Spectrum Offered Provisionally Committed
- Min of Earth Science
- Total Eclipse of the Moon on Saturday
- Ministry of Finance
- NTPC Ltd. Becomes First PSU to Issue Bonus Debentures;
- Government of India Releases an Amount of Rs. 805.17 Crore to the Government of Punjab Under National Small Savings Fund (NSSF) and Thereby Released Total Amount of Rs. 2045.16 Crore During the FY 2014-15
- India Signs Loan Agreement with ADB for $300 Million for Improving Regional Road Connectivity along the North Bengal-North Eastern Region (NER); About 500 Km of Roads to be Constructed under the Program
- Financial Assistance of Rs. 250 Crore to Andhra Pradesh for Setting up SPV for the Polavaram Irrigation Project
- Amendment to Exchange Rates of Foreign Currency
Notification No. 32/2015 - Customs (N.T.) Dated 19th March, 2015
- Min of Home Affairs
- Kiren Rijiju attends Hans Raj College Alumni
- Holding of additional charge of the post of DG, BPR&D
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Massachusetts Institute students call on Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 53.31 per bbl on 25.03.2015
- Ministry of Railways
- RWWCO Honouurs 35 Railway Women Employees or their Outstaning Performace
- Min of Science & Technology
- National Institute of Immunology (NII) Signs MoUs to Promote Science Education in Colleges
- Min of Shipping
- Cabinet Decisions for Shipping Sector Revolutionary, says Nitin Gadkari
- Min of Textiles
29th India Carpet Expo starts tomorrow
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology07-December, 2012 16:08 IST
|Usage of Indigenously Manufactured Communication Equipments |
|The National Telecom Policy-2012 (NTP-2012), inter-alia, has following objectives on promoting telecom equipment manufacturing: |
(i) Promote innovation, indigenous R&D and manufacturing to serve domestic and global markets, by increasing skills and competencies.
(ii) Create a corpus to promote indigenous R&D, IPR creation, entrepreneurship, manufacturing, commercialisation and deployment of state-of-the-art telecom products and services during the 12th five year plan period.
(iii) Promote the ecosystem for design, Research and Development, IPR creation, testing, standardization and manufacturing i.e. complete value chain for domestic production of telecommunication equipment to meet Indian telecom sector demand to the extent of 60% and 80% with a minimum value addition of 45% and 65% by the year 2017 and 2020 respectively.
(iv) Provide preference to domestically manufactured telecommunication products, in procurement of those telecommunication products which have security implications for the country and in Government procurement for its own use, consistent with our World Trade Organization (WTO) commitments.
(v) Develop and establish standards to meet national requirements, generate IPRs, and participate in international standardization bodies to contribute in formulation of global standards.
With a view to increasing share of domestically manufactured electronic products which includes telecom equipment also, the Government, vide Notification No. 8(78)/2010-IPHW dated 10th February 2012, has laid down the policy for providing preference to domestically manufactured electronic products (including telecom equipment) in procurement. Department of Telecommunications has notified telecom products to be procured by all the Ministries or Departments (except the Ministry of Defence) of Government and the agencies under their administrative control and for all Government funded telecom projects (e.g. NFS and projects funded by USOF like NOFN etc.) vide notification No. 18-07/2012-IP dated 5th October 2012.
This information was given by Shri Milind Deora, Minister of State for C&IT in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90168)