English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Finance07-December, 2012 18:22 IST
|Relief to Exporters |
|Following the deregulation of interest rates on export credit the rate of interest to be charged to exporters is now left to the commercial judgment of the banks. Guidelines on grant of timely, adequate and hassle free flow of export credit have been issued to all Scheduled Commercial Banks vide Reserve Bank of India Master circular on Rupee/Foreign Currency Export Credit and Customer Service to Exporters dated 02.07.2012.|
However, to provide relief to labour intensive sectors, the Government of India has extended interest subvention of 2% on pre and post shipment rupee export credit in the following sectors w.e.f. April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013 on the same terms and conditions.
Handicraft, Carpets, Handlooms, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMES), Readymade Garments, Processed Agriculture Products, Sport Goods and Toys.
Further, in view of the difficulties faced by exporters on account of the weakening of external demand, RBI has taken following measure;
(i) Period of realization and repatriation to India of the amount representing the full export value of goods or software was enhanced from 6 months to 12 months.
(ii) AD Category-I banks have been permitted to allow exporters to receive advance payment for export of goods which would take more than one year for manufacture shipping.
(iii) Powers have been delegated to A.D. Category-I banks to open and maintain Diamond Dollar Accounts by Diamond exporters with them with relaxed norms and so on.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :90210)