English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Finance07-December, 2012 18:22 IST
|Relief to Exporters |
|Following the deregulation of interest rates on export credit the rate of interest to be charged to exporters is now left to the commercial judgment of the banks. Guidelines on grant of timely, adequate and hassle free flow of export credit have been issued to all Scheduled Commercial Banks vide Reserve Bank of India Master circular on Rupee/Foreign Currency Export Credit and Customer Service to Exporters dated 02.07.2012.|
However, to provide relief to labour intensive sectors, the Government of India has extended interest subvention of 2% on pre and post shipment rupee export credit in the following sectors w.e.f. April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013 on the same terms and conditions.
Handicraft, Carpets, Handlooms, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMES), Readymade Garments, Processed Agriculture Products, Sport Goods and Toys.
Further, in view of the difficulties faced by exporters on account of the weakening of external demand, RBI has taken following measure;
(i) Period of realization and repatriation to India of the amount representing the full export value of goods or software was enhanced from 6 months to 12 months.
(ii) AD Category-I banks have been permitted to allow exporters to receive advance payment for export of goods which would take more than one year for manufacture shipping.
(iii) Powers have been delegated to A.D. Category-I banks to open and maintain Diamond Dollar Accounts by Diamond exporters with them with relaxed norms and so on.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :90210)