English Release 22-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- State Civil Service Officers Undergoing the 116th Induction Training Programme At Lbsnaa Call On The President
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Emphasizes the Need for Continual Oversight to Ensure that Liberty is not Smothered in Material Prosperit
- Min of Defence
- National Cadet Corps Celebrates 66th Anniversary
- Ministry of Finance
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Invites Comments from Public in Respect of Proposed Combination Between Holcim Limited and Lafarge S.A.
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note on Ebola
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Team Of ‘Gour Hari Dastaan: The Freedom File’ Meets the Press at the 45TH IFFI
- Directors and Producers of Indian Panorama Opening Films in the 45th IFFI Interact with the Media
- Indian Philosophy of Mutual Respect and Love are My Source of Inspiration: Paul Cox
- ‘Salam Cinema’ Screening Opens Mohsen Makhmalbaf Retro
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of Modified DBTL scheme after one week of launch on 15.11.14 in 54 districts
- Min of Urban Development
- Venkaiah Naidu, Urban Development Minister, delivers Keynote Address at US – India Smart Cities Conclave
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu visits market, residential areas in R K Puram, New Delhi to check cleanliness
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Government to Start Jal Gram Scheme in Every District Says Uma Bharti
- Our District-Our Water Programme to be Launched to take the Message of Water Conservation to Every Village of the Country-Uma Bharti
Ministry of Finance07-December, 2012 18:22 IST
|Relief to Exporters |
|Following the deregulation of interest rates on export credit the rate of interest to be charged to exporters is now left to the commercial judgment of the banks. Guidelines on grant of timely, adequate and hassle free flow of export credit have been issued to all Scheduled Commercial Banks vide Reserve Bank of India Master circular on Rupee/Foreign Currency Export Credit and Customer Service to Exporters dated 02.07.2012.|
However, to provide relief to labour intensive sectors, the Government of India has extended interest subvention of 2% on pre and post shipment rupee export credit in the following sectors w.e.f. April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013 on the same terms and conditions.
Handicraft, Carpets, Handlooms, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMES), Readymade Garments, Processed Agriculture Products, Sport Goods and Toys.
Further, in view of the difficulties faced by exporters on account of the weakening of external demand, RBI has taken following measure;
(i) Period of realization and repatriation to India of the amount representing the full export value of goods or software was enhanced from 6 months to 12 months.
(ii) AD Category-I banks have been permitted to allow exporters to receive advance payment for export of goods which would take more than one year for manufacture shipping.
(iii) Powers have been delegated to A.D. Category-I banks to open and maintain Diamond Dollar Accounts by Diamond exporters with them with relaxed norms and so on.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :90210)