English Release 19-December 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of PM's statement in the Lok Sabha on the granting of bail to 26/11 accused, Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, in Pakistan
- PM conveys best wishes to people of Goa, on Goa Liberation Day
- PM condoles the passing away of eminent Gandhian Shri Chunibhai Vaidya
- Min of Agriculture
- Avian Influenza at Sukhna Lake Chandigarh
- Min of Defence
- Chairman COSC & CAS Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha leaves
for a two day visit to Mumbai
- Min of Environment and Forests
- Report of the High Level Committee headed by Shri T.S.R. Subramanian to review various Acts administered by Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
- Ministry of Finance
- Exchange Rate of Foreign Currency Relating to Imported and Export Goods Notified
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister says India and Mongolia need increased cooperation to prevent transnational crimes
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 58.22 per bbl on 18.12.2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on December 18, 2014
Ministry of Finance07-December, 2012 18:22 IST
|Relief to Exporters |
|Following the deregulation of interest rates on export credit the rate of interest to be charged to exporters is now left to the commercial judgment of the banks. Guidelines on grant of timely, adequate and hassle free flow of export credit have been issued to all Scheduled Commercial Banks vide Reserve Bank of India Master circular on Rupee/Foreign Currency Export Credit and Customer Service to Exporters dated 02.07.2012.|
However, to provide relief to labour intensive sectors, the Government of India has extended interest subvention of 2% on pre and post shipment rupee export credit in the following sectors w.e.f. April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013 on the same terms and conditions.
Handicraft, Carpets, Handlooms, Small and Medium Enterprises (SMES), Readymade Garments, Processed Agriculture Products, Sport Goods and Toys.
Further, in view of the difficulties faced by exporters on account of the weakening of external demand, RBI has taken following measure;
(i) Period of realization and repatriation to India of the amount representing the full export value of goods or software was enhanced from 6 months to 12 months.
(ii) AD Category-I banks have been permitted to allow exporters to receive advance payment for export of goods which would take more than one year for manufacture shipping.
(iii) Powers have been delegated to A.D. Category-I banks to open and maintain Diamond Dollar Accounts by Diamond exporters with them with relaxed norms and so on.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
* * *
(Release ID :90210)