English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Finance07-December, 2012 18:33 IST
Rate of Interest on Home Loans |
|Reserve Bank of India had deregulated the interest rates on advances sanctioned by Scheduled Commercial Banks, with effect from October 18, 1994 and these interest rates were determined by bank themselves with the approval of their Boards, subject to Benchmark Prime Lending Rate (BPLR) and spread guidelines.|
The above guidelines based on the BPLR system have been replaced by new guidelines on the Base Rate System issued vide circular dated April 9, 2010, which have come into force with effect from July 1, 2010. In terms of the new guidelines, banks determine their actual lending rate on loans and advances with reference to the Base Rate. All categories of loans, except specified exemptions, are priced only with reference to the Base Rate, which is announced by banks after seeking approval from their respective Boards. The Banks are not permitted to resort to any lending below the Base Rate.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narian Meena in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90217)