English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Finance07-December, 2012 18:36 IST
|Bank Loans to Artisans, Craftsmen and Weavers |
|The Ministry of Textiles has two schemes to support credit flow to handloom weavers in the country, viz, (i) Revival, Reform and Restructuring Package for the Handloom Sector and (ii) Institutional Credit Component under the Integrated Handloom Development Scheme under the comprehensive package for the Handloom Sector.|
Under the Revival, Reform and Restructuring Package for the Handloom Sector, 20 apex and 5945 Primary Weavers Coop. Societies have qualified for inclusion under the Package norms. While implementing the Package in the year 2011-12 and 2012-13, a sum of Rs. 184.28 crore have been sanctioned as assistance covering weaver societies and 25146 individual weavers have been benefitted.
Under the Institutional Credit Component under the Integrated Handloom Development Scheme (IHDS) of the Comprehensive Package for the Handloom Sector, an amount of Rs. 6.53 crore has been released by NABARD as on 30.10.2012 to participating banks to extend the benefit to 12046 weaver families.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narian Meena in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90223)