English Release 14-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
President of India Presents Rajbhasa Awards
The address of Shri Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India, on occasion of Hindi Divas-2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM appeals to friends and well-wishers not to celebrate his birthday; instead to dedicate themselves towards relief work in J&K
- PM condoles the passing away of educationist Kireet Joshi
- Min of Defence
- Round up at 1700 Hrs ---
Over 1,84,000 People Rescued So Far by Armed Forces
More Heavy Duty Suction Pumps Being Airlifted to the Valley
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan proposes floating clinics for flood ravaged Srinagar
- Min of Home Affairs
- National Disaster Response Force has rescued 49,990 people so far
- NCMC Reviews Relief Work in Flood Affected J & K
- National Disaster Response Force continues rescue and relief operations in J&K
Ministry of Finance07-December, 2012 18:36 IST
|Bank Loans to Artisans, Craftsmen and Weavers |
|The Ministry of Textiles has two schemes to support credit flow to handloom weavers in the country, viz, (i) Revival, Reform and Restructuring Package for the Handloom Sector and (ii) Institutional Credit Component under the Integrated Handloom Development Scheme under the comprehensive package for the Handloom Sector.|
Under the Revival, Reform and Restructuring Package for the Handloom Sector, 20 apex and 5945 Primary Weavers Coop. Societies have qualified for inclusion under the Package norms. While implementing the Package in the year 2011-12 and 2012-13, a sum of Rs. 184.28 crore have been sanctioned as assistance covering weaver societies and 25146 individual weavers have been benefitted.
Under the Institutional Credit Component under the Integrated Handloom Development Scheme (IHDS) of the Comprehensive Package for the Handloom Sector, an amount of Rs. 6.53 crore has been released by NABARD as on 30.10.2012 to participating banks to extend the benefit to 12046 weaver families.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narian Meena in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90223)