English Release 29-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's remarks in condolence book, at the funeral of the founding father of Singapore, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew
- PM meets Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, Emeritus Senior Minister of Singapore, and President of Israel
- Remarks by Prime Minister to the Media at Singapore
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Releases About Rs. 385 Crore to Andhra Pradesh while about Rs. 150 Crore to Telangana as part of the 13th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Rajya Sabha prorogued
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives Rs. 25 lakh cheque for J&K flood relief
- Practice of Yoga best for health: Dr. Jitendra Singh
Ministry of Finance07-December, 2012 18:36 IST
|Bank Loans to Artisans, Craftsmen and Weavers |
|The Ministry of Textiles has two schemes to support credit flow to handloom weavers in the country, viz, (i) Revival, Reform and Restructuring Package for the Handloom Sector and (ii) Institutional Credit Component under the Integrated Handloom Development Scheme under the comprehensive package for the Handloom Sector.|
Under the Revival, Reform and Restructuring Package for the Handloom Sector, 20 apex and 5945 Primary Weavers Coop. Societies have qualified for inclusion under the Package norms. While implementing the Package in the year 2011-12 and 2012-13, a sum of Rs. 184.28 crore have been sanctioned as assistance covering weaver societies and 25146 individual weavers have been benefitted.
Under the Institutional Credit Component under the Integrated Handloom Development Scheme (IHDS) of the Comprehensive Package for the Handloom Sector, an amount of Rs. 6.53 crore has been released by NABARD as on 30.10.2012 to participating banks to extend the benefit to 12046 weaver families.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narian Meena in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90223)