English Release 25-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT OF INDIA WELCOMES US PRESIDENT AT FORECOURT OF RASHTRAPATI BHAVAN
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM greets the fellow citizens and Election Commission of India on National Voters' Day
- Min of Defence
- Republic Day Parade 2015- A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Home Affairs
- Jeevan Raksha Padak Awards – 2014 announced
- Republic Day Police Medals 2015 Announced
- Republic Day Correctional Service Medals Announced
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC appointments
- Ministry of Railways
- Three RPF Personnel Awarded President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service
Ministry of Finance07-December, 2012 18:36 IST
|Bank Loans to Artisans, Craftsmen and Weavers |
|The Ministry of Textiles has two schemes to support credit flow to handloom weavers in the country, viz, (i) Revival, Reform and Restructuring Package for the Handloom Sector and (ii) Institutional Credit Component under the Integrated Handloom Development Scheme under the comprehensive package for the Handloom Sector.|
Under the Revival, Reform and Restructuring Package for the Handloom Sector, 20 apex and 5945 Primary Weavers Coop. Societies have qualified for inclusion under the Package norms. While implementing the Package in the year 2011-12 and 2012-13, a sum of Rs. 184.28 crore have been sanctioned as assistance covering weaver societies and 25146 individual weavers have been benefitted.
Under the Institutional Credit Component under the Integrated Handloom Development Scheme (IHDS) of the Comprehensive Package for the Handloom Sector, an amount of Rs. 6.53 crore has been released by NABARD as on 30.10.2012 to participating banks to extend the benefit to 12046 weaver families.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narian Meena in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90223)