English Release 25-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President calls upon every University to identify at least one Department that can be made into a Centre of Excellence
- Speech by the Hon’ble President at the Inauguration of Maharaja Agrasen University,Solan, Himachal Pradesh, on May 25, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Shri R K Mathur takes over as the New Defence Secretary
- Min of Law & Justice
- Government to go in for a Stand-Alone Central Legislation to Curb any Dishonest Activity in Sports
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Conference of Ministers and Secretaries of States and Union Territories in-Charge of Sports & Youth Affairs Concludes in New Delhi
Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers07-December, 2012 18:43 IST
|Pricing Mechanism of Essential Drugs |
|The Department of Legal Affairs, Ministry of Law & Justice advice was sought on the order dated 11.10.2011 and 03.10.2012 of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the case of All India Drug Action Network and Others Vs. Union of India and Others, in Writ Petition (Civil) No. 423 of 2003. |
The Department of Pharmaceuticals had prepared a draft National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy, 2011 (NPPP-2011) based on the criteria of essentiality as per the medicines as under National List of Essential Medicines-2011 (348 drugs with specified dosage and strengths), as stipulated by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare which was placed before the Group of Ministers (GoM). Based on the recommendations of the GoM, National Pharmaceuticals Pricing Policy-2012 (NPPP-2012) was formulated and placed before the Cabinet. The Cabinet considered NPPP-2012 in its meeting held on 22.11.2012 and approved the same with certain modifications. Further action to notify NPPP-2012 has been undertaken.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Chemicals and Fertilisers, Shri Srikant Kumar Jena in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90228)