English Release 22-December 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India’s message on the eve of National Day of Japan
- Min of Agriculture
- Year end Review for the Ministry of Agriculture
for the Year 2014-15
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Revival of Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore Limited (FACT)
- Gujarat Chief Minister Mrs Anandiben Patel Discusses Various Projects Relating to the State in the Ministry with Chemicals & Fertilizer Minister Shri Ananth Kumar
- Min of Civil Aviation
- Airports Improve in Service Quality
- Waiting Time within OMDA Standards at Domestic Terminals of IGI Airport
- Non-aeronautical Revenue of AAI increases
- Min of Coal
- Dependent on Coal Mines of end use Projects
- Auction of Coal Blocks for Power Sector
- Guidelines for E-Auction of Coal
- Auction of Coal Blocks
- Min of Culture
- Panoramic Imagery of monuments
- Ticketed Monuments of ASI
- Funds to Zonal Cultural Centres
- Min of Defence
- In Furtherance of the Democratic Process - Employment of IAF Helicopters During Assembly Elections in Jharkhand and J&K
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stock
- Most of the States to benefit from GST from day one; Provisions have been Made in the Constitution Amendment Bill on GST to Ensure that none of the States Lose any Revenue after the Implementation of the GST: FM
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Shri J P Nadda directs central team to visit Chandigarh to support the UT in managing Avian Flu
- Statement by Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda, Minister of Health & Family Welfare on 22nd December, 2014 in Lok Sabha in response to the call attention motion regarding the situation arising out of spread of “Encephalitis’’ in Uttar Pradesh and other parts of the country and steps taken by the Government in this regard
- Min of Human Resource Development
- E-Education Through Broadband Facility
- ‘Teaching of Science’- A Component of National Curriculum Framework - 2005
- Higher Education for Person with Special Needs (HEPSN)
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Unemployed due to Closure of Industries
- Registered Unorganised Sector Workers
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Prime Minister’s Task Force on MSME
- Performance of MSME Sector
- Marketing Assistance Scheme under MSME
- KVIC Schemes
- Industrial Clusters under SFURTI
- Workshed Scheme for Khadi Artisans
- Min of Mines
- Mining Lease in Tribal Areas
- Allocation of Bauxite Mines
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Review of DBTL in Uttar Pradesh through Video Conferencing
- Demand and Supply of Natural Gas
- CSR by OMCs
- Deregulation of Diesel and Natural Gas Pricing
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 56.91 per bbl on 19.12.2014
- Min of Power
- Commissioning of Power Projects
- Separate Feeders for Farm and Nonfarm Users in Rural Areas
- Advisory Group for Integrated Development of Power, Coal, and Renewable Energy Submits its Report
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Minister Directs for Formulation of Integrated Policy on Cleanliness
- Railways Constitutes Task force for Leveraging of Idle Space on Railways to Generate Additional Revenue
- Railways Vacant Land to be Utilized for Commercial Development Through RLDA
- Indian Railways Run 1158 Superfast Trains
- Measures Taken to Strngthen Security on Railways
- Guidelines for Rauilway Coolies
- Indian Railways’ Initiatives to Encourage Foreign Investors for Making Investment Under ‘Make In India’ Programme
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Pilot Projects Launched for Emergency Care of Road Accident Victims
- Government Approves Scheme for I&C Centres for Motor Vehicles
- Training for Drivers of Unorganised Sector
- Min of Science & Technology
- Understanding Innovation: Indian National Innovation Report by DST
- Min of Shipping
- MoU for Commercially Viable Stretches of National Waterway-5
- No Case of Dumping Hazardous Waste by Ship-breaking
- Government Takes Initiatives To Increase Coastal Movement of Cargo
- Min of Steel
- Health and Safety Records in Steel Sector
- Mining by Steel PSUS in Foreign Countries
- Joint Venture in Steel Industry
- Ministry of Tourism
- Study to assess impact of International Media Campaign of Ministry of Tourism
- Central Financial assistance for damage to tourist facilities in Odisha and Andhra Pradesh by Cyclone Hudhud
- Min of Tribal Affairs
- Literacy Among Tribals
- Development Schemes for Tribals
- Rights of Tribals
- Min of Women and Child Development
- The Indian Region Seminar of Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians highlights need for greater safety of women and empowerment at grassroots level
- Consultative Committee of Women & Child Development Ministry meets to discuss Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme
Ministry of Minority Affairs07-December, 2012 18:43 IST
|Improvement in Condition of Muslims |
|The poverty estimates for Muslims are based on the Press Note on Poverty Estimates, 2009-10 released by the Planning Commission, Government of India in March 2012. |
In urban areas poverty ratio at all India level is highest for Muslims (33.9%). Similarly, for urban areas the poverty ratio is high for Muslims in states such as Rajasthan (29.5%), Uttar Pradesh (49.5%), Gujarat (42.4%), Bihar (56.5%) and West Bengal (34.9%)
In rural areas, the head count ratio for Muslims is very high in states such as Assam (53.6%), Uttar Pradesh (44.4%), West Bengal (34.4%) and Gujarat (31.4%)
As per the India Human Development Report 2011 published by the Institute of Applied Manpower Research, Planning Commission details regarding Literacy And Employment status of Muslims are -
Literacy Rate for Muslims, 2007-08.
Rural -63.5%; Urban-75.1% ; Source: Calculated from NSS Database 64th Round (for 2007-08). Note: For population 7 years and above.
Employment Status for Muslims, 2007-08.
Worker Population Ratio by Usual Principal and Subsidiary Status for Muslims in 2009-10.
Rural-51.8%; Urban-45.9%; Source: Calculated from NSS, Database (50th and 61st Rounds).
Note: For population aged 15 years and above.
The details of schemes/programmes being implemented by the Ministry for the welfare of notified minorities, including Muslims, are -
-Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP)
- Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme
- Post-matric Scholarship Scheme.
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students.
- Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship.
- Free Coaching and Allied Scheme.
- Maulana Azad Education Foundation Scholarship Scheme for Meritorious Girls
- Loan Schemes of National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation.
- Leadership Development of Minority Women.
- Computerization of records of State Wakf Boards.
- Schemes of other Ministries/Departments under Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme where earmarking of 15% of financial outlays/physical targets is done or flow of fund/benefit to areas with substantial minority population and progress under schemes/initiatives meant for minorities is monitored.
This was stated by Shri Ninong Ering, the Minister of State in the Ministry of Minority Affairs in response to a written question in Lok Sabha yesterday. The question related to the latest data available on the poverty, literacy and employment status of the Muslim in the country; and the schemes and programmes being implemented/proposed to be implemented by the Union government to improve the condition of the Muslims in the States
(Release ID :90229)