English Release 23-April 2014
- Election Commission
Overall Facts at A Glance of 6th Polling Day on 24th April, 2014
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (6th Poll Day)
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of March, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.08 per bbl on 22.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Mobile and Desktop APP on Windows 8.0 for National Train Enquiry System (NTES) Commenced
Ministry of Tribal Affairs07-December, 2012 18:48 IST
|Skill Improvement of Tribals |
Handicraft and handloom products manufactured by the tribals are regularly marketed by Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) through Tribal Artisan Melas and other outlets. Training and development facility in this regard is also being provided to the tribals by TRIFED. |
As reported by TRIFED, lack of reliable and high quality power supply is at present not posing problem in making of handicraft and handloom products by small enterprises run by members of these communities.
As reported by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, various locally available renewable energy sources such as solar, biomass, micro hydel can be effectively utilized to meet power/energy requirements in remote and tribal areas. Ministry of New and Renewable Energy have also reported that they are giving subsidy of Rs.3500 to 10,000 per biogas plant depending upon its capacity and 30% of cost of solar systems to promote them in rural areas including tribal areas.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Smt. Ranee Narah in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90234)