English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Tribal Affairs07-December, 2012 18:48 IST
|Skill Improvement of Tribals |
Handicraft and handloom products manufactured by the tribals are regularly marketed by Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) through Tribal Artisan Melas and other outlets. Training and development facility in this regard is also being provided to the tribals by TRIFED. |
As reported by TRIFED, lack of reliable and high quality power supply is at present not posing problem in making of handicraft and handloom products by small enterprises run by members of these communities.
As reported by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, various locally available renewable energy sources such as solar, biomass, micro hydel can be effectively utilized to meet power/energy requirements in remote and tribal areas. Ministry of New and Renewable Energy have also reported that they are giving subsidy of Rs.3500 to 10,000 per biogas plant depending upon its capacity and 30% of cost of solar systems to promote them in rural areas including tribal areas.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Smt. Ranee Narah in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90234)