English Release 31-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Sidelights – Run For Unity Event at Rajpath, New Delhi
- PM flags off, joins Run For Unity on Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM remembers Smt. Indira Gandhi on her Punya Tithi
- PM pays tributes to Sardar Patel on his birth anniversary
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Standing Committee on Railways invites suggestions on Railways(Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.77 per bbl on 30.10.2014
Ministry of Tribal Affairs07-December, 2012 18:53 IST
|Scholarship for ST Students |
|Scholarships under Centrally Sponsored Schemes are paid to ST students through State Governments/UT Administrations by releasing grant-in-aid to those authorities on completion of requisite formalities including receipt of complete proposal with Utilization Certificate (UC) in respect of previous releases. In order to avoid any delay in this regard and to reduce to hardship of the students, Government of India releases first instalment of grant to State Governments/UTs in the beginning of a particular financial year without waiting for their proposals and UCs.|
A proposal has been received from the State Government of Uttar Pradesh for release of grants-in-aid under the Scheme of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students during the current financial year (2012-13). The Ministry had already released an amount of Rs. 227.00 lakh as first instalment of grant during the current financial year. Further release of grant by the Ministry will depend on utilization of unspent balance of lying with the State Government already.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Smt. Ranee Narah in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90238)