English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
Ministry of Tribal Affairs07-December, 2012 18:53 IST
|Scholarship for ST Students |
|Scholarships under Centrally Sponsored Schemes are paid to ST students through State Governments/UT Administrations by releasing grant-in-aid to those authorities on completion of requisite formalities including receipt of complete proposal with Utilization Certificate (UC) in respect of previous releases. In order to avoid any delay in this regard and to reduce to hardship of the students, Government of India releases first instalment of grant to State Governments/UTs in the beginning of a particular financial year without waiting for their proposals and UCs.|
A proposal has been received from the State Government of Uttar Pradesh for release of grants-in-aid under the Scheme of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students during the current financial year (2012-13). The Ministry had already released an amount of Rs. 227.00 lakh as first instalment of grant during the current financial year. Further release of grant by the Ministry will depend on utilization of unspent balance of lying with the State Government already.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Smt. Ranee Narah in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90238)