English Release 25-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- President calls upon every University to identify at least one Department that can be made into a Centre of Excellence
- Speech by the Hon’ble President at the Inauguration of Maharaja Agrasen University,Solan, Himachal Pradesh, on May 25, 2013
- Min of Defence
- Shri R K Mathur takes over as the New Defence Secretary
- Min of Law & Justice
- Government to go in for a Stand-Alone Central Legislation to Curb any Dishonest Activity in Sports
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Conference of Ministers and Secretaries of States and Union Territories in-Charge of Sports & Youth Affairs Concludes in New Delhi
Presidents Secretariat08-December, 2012 19:14 IST
|Chairman of Vietnam Fatherland Front Calls on President |
|Mr. Huynh Dam, Chairman of Vietnam Fatherland Front called on President Pranab Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan yesterday (December 7, 2012). |
The President expressed great admiration for the courage of the people of Vietnam and their tremendous strides in economic and social development. He said the relationship between India and Vietnam is based on mutual trust and convergence of interests and views on global issues. He conveyed that India stands ready to add more content to the strategic partnership in the defence, economic, commercial, scientific, technical and cultural field.
The Chairman of Vietnam Fatherland Front warmly reciprocated the President’s words and described India as a long standing friend and partner of Vietnam who has always stood by Vietnam in its times of need, bilaterally and in international fora. He reiterated the support of Vietnam for India’s candidature for a permanent seat in the UN Security Council.
(Release ID :90250)