English Release 3-March 2015
- Election Commission
- Election Commission launches National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Programme (NERPAP) from today
- Min of Agriculture
- Employment in Agriculture
- Use of Modern Equipments in Fruits Production
- Formation of Multi State Cooperative Societies
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 59.95 per bbl on 02.03.2015
- Min of Urban Development
- Two engineers of CPWD dismissed from service for corruption
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution10-December, 2012 17:07 IST
Steps to meet the Demand of Edible Oils |
|Various steps taken by Government to meet the demand of edible oils in the country are as follows:- |
(i) The import duty on crude and refined edible oils has been reduced to zero percent and 7.5% respectively.
(ii) The Government has allowed State Governments to impose stock limits on edible oils and oilseeds, upto 30.09.2013.
(iii) Export of edible oils has been banned except coconut oil (through Cochin Port) and certain oils produced from minor forest produce and edible oils in small packs upto 5 kg. subject to limit of 20,000 tons per year.
(iv) The Government have launched a Scheme for distribution of subsidized imported edible oils to States/UTs since 2008 at a subsidy @ Rs.15/kg. The Scheme has been extended in subsequent years and further extended upto 30.09.2013.
This information was given by the Minister of State (IC) for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Prof. K.V.Thomas in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90305)