English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution10-December, 2012 17:07 IST
Steps to meet the Demand of Edible Oils |
|Various steps taken by Government to meet the demand of edible oils in the country are as follows:- |
(i) The import duty on crude and refined edible oils has been reduced to zero percent and 7.5% respectively.
(ii) The Government has allowed State Governments to impose stock limits on edible oils and oilseeds, upto 30.09.2013.
(iii) Export of edible oils has been banned except coconut oil (through Cochin Port) and certain oils produced from minor forest produce and edible oils in small packs upto 5 kg. subject to limit of 20,000 tons per year.
(iv) The Government have launched a Scheme for distribution of subsidized imported edible oils to States/UTs since 2008 at a subsidy @ Rs.15/kg. The Scheme has been extended in subsequent years and further extended upto 30.09.2013.
This information was given by the Minister of State (IC) for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Prof. K.V.Thomas in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90305)