English Release 30-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in Asian Games 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's interaction session at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York
- Vision Statement for the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership
- PM’s address and interaction at Council on Foreign Relations in New York City
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- First Renewable Energy Global Investment Promotion Meet & Expo to be held in February 2015
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.26 per bbl on 29.09.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals on Day 11 of Asian Games 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launches the New Guaranteed Minimum Pension Scheme in Dehradun
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution10-December, 2012 17:07 IST
Steps to meet the Demand of Edible Oils |
|Various steps taken by Government to meet the demand of edible oils in the country are as follows:- |
(i) The import duty on crude and refined edible oils has been reduced to zero percent and 7.5% respectively.
(ii) The Government has allowed State Governments to impose stock limits on edible oils and oilseeds, upto 30.09.2013.
(iii) Export of edible oils has been banned except coconut oil (through Cochin Port) and certain oils produced from minor forest produce and edible oils in small packs upto 5 kg. subject to limit of 20,000 tons per year.
(iv) The Government have launched a Scheme for distribution of subsidized imported edible oils to States/UTs since 2008 at a subsidy @ Rs.15/kg. The Scheme has been extended in subsequent years and further extended upto 30.09.2013.
This information was given by the Minister of State (IC) for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Prof. K.V.Thomas in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90305)