English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution10-December, 2012 17:07 IST
Steps to meet the Demand of Edible Oils |
|Various steps taken by Government to meet the demand of edible oils in the country are as follows:- |
(i) The import duty on crude and refined edible oils has been reduced to zero percent and 7.5% respectively.
(ii) The Government has allowed State Governments to impose stock limits on edible oils and oilseeds, upto 30.09.2013.
(iii) Export of edible oils has been banned except coconut oil (through Cochin Port) and certain oils produced from minor forest produce and edible oils in small packs upto 5 kg. subject to limit of 20,000 tons per year.
(iv) The Government have launched a Scheme for distribution of subsidized imported edible oils to States/UTs since 2008 at a subsidy @ Rs.15/kg. The Scheme has been extended in subsequent years and further extended upto 30.09.2013.
This information was given by the Minister of State (IC) for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Prof. K.V.Thomas in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90305)