English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution10-December, 2012 17:07 IST
Steps to meet the Demand of Edible Oils |
|Various steps taken by Government to meet the demand of edible oils in the country are as follows:- |
(i) The import duty on crude and refined edible oils has been reduced to zero percent and 7.5% respectively.
(ii) The Government has allowed State Governments to impose stock limits on edible oils and oilseeds, upto 30.09.2013.
(iii) Export of edible oils has been banned except coconut oil (through Cochin Port) and certain oils produced from minor forest produce and edible oils in small packs upto 5 kg. subject to limit of 20,000 tons per year.
(iv) The Government have launched a Scheme for distribution of subsidized imported edible oils to States/UTs since 2008 at a subsidy @ Rs.15/kg. The Scheme has been extended in subsequent years and further extended upto 30.09.2013.
This information was given by the Minister of State (IC) for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Prof. K.V.Thomas in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90305)