English Release 29-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's remarks in condolence book, at the funeral of the founding father of Singapore, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew
- PM meets Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, Emeritus Senior Minister of Singapore, and President of Israel
- Remarks by Prime Minister to the Media at Singapore
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Releases About Rs. 385 Crore to Andhra Pradesh while about Rs. 150 Crore to Telangana as part of the 13th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Rajya Sabha prorogued
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives Rs. 25 lakh cheque for J&K flood relief
- Practice of Yoga best for health: Dr. Jitendra Singh
Ministry of Defence12-December, 2012 14:27 IST
|The total value of defence exports from Defence PSUs and OFB including defence exports from defence companies in the private sector was Rs.997/- crores during the last three financial years |
Exports by Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) and Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) consist of products developed through DRDO, through Transfer of Technology (TOT) route from foreign OEMs and through in-house R&D. In addition, OFB and DPSUs carry out in-house R&D to upgrade defence products. There is a greater focus now on indigenous design, development and manufacture of defence equipment as per Defence Production Policy.
Since May, 2001, the defence industry sector is open upto 100% for Indian Private Sector participation with FDI permissible upto 26%, subject to licensing.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri Jitendra Singh in a written reply to Shri. N.K. Singh andDr.JanardhanWaghmarein Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90433)