English Release 23-April 2014
- Election Commission
Overall Facts at A Glance of 6th Polling Day on 24th April, 2014
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (6th Poll Day)
- Min of Civil Aviation
DGCA Allows Use of Cellphone During Flight
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of March, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.08 per bbl on 22.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Mobile and Desktop APP on Windows 8.0 for National Train Enquiry System (NTES) Commenced
Ministry of Defence12-December, 2012 14:27 IST
|The total value of defence exports from Defence PSUs and OFB including defence exports from defence companies in the private sector was Rs.997/- crores during the last three financial years |
Exports by Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) and Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) consist of products developed through DRDO, through Transfer of Technology (TOT) route from foreign OEMs and through in-house R&D. In addition, OFB and DPSUs carry out in-house R&D to upgrade defence products. There is a greater focus now on indigenous design, development and manufacture of defence equipment as per Defence Production Policy.
Since May, 2001, the defence industry sector is open upto 100% for Indian Private Sector participation with FDI permissible upto 26%, subject to licensing.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri Jitendra Singh in a written reply to Shri. N.K. Singh andDr.JanardhanWaghmarein Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90433)