English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Defence12-December, 2012 14:27 IST
|The total value of defence exports from Defence PSUs and OFB including defence exports from defence companies in the private sector was Rs.997/- crores during the last three financial years |
Exports by Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) and Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) consist of products developed through DRDO, through Transfer of Technology (TOT) route from foreign OEMs and through in-house R&D. In addition, OFB and DPSUs carry out in-house R&D to upgrade defence products. There is a greater focus now on indigenous design, development and manufacture of defence equipment as per Defence Production Policy.
Since May, 2001, the defence industry sector is open upto 100% for Indian Private Sector participation with FDI permissible upto 26%, subject to licensing.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri Jitendra Singh in a written reply to Shri. N.K. Singh andDr.JanardhanWaghmarein Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90433)