English Release 1-February 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India congratulates Leander Paes for winning the Australian Open Mixed Doubles title
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM congratulates Indian Tennis Player, Leander Paes on the Mixed Doubles win at Australian Open
- PM salutes coast guard personnel on 38th Raising Day of Indian Coast Guard
- Department of Space
- Indian Space scientists working on new breakthroughs: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Culture
- The 17th Bharat Rang Mahotsav organized by NSD begins
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Centre closely monitoring situation on H1N1, all assistance extended to states: Sh J P Nadda
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Raahgiri Day for the Persons with Disabilities Held
Ministry of Defence12-December, 2012 14:27 IST
|The total value of defence exports from Defence PSUs and OFB including defence exports from defence companies in the private sector was Rs.997/- crores during the last three financial years |
Exports by Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) and Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) consist of products developed through DRDO, through Transfer of Technology (TOT) route from foreign OEMs and through in-house R&D. In addition, OFB and DPSUs carry out in-house R&D to upgrade defence products. There is a greater focus now on indigenous design, development and manufacture of defence equipment as per Defence Production Policy.
Since May, 2001, the defence industry sector is open upto 100% for Indian Private Sector participation with FDI permissible upto 26%, subject to licensing.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri Jitendra Singh in a written reply to Shri. N.K. Singh andDr.JanardhanWaghmarein Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90433)