English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of Home Affairs12-December, 2012 17:09 IST
|Stationing Armed Forces in Maoist Affected Areas |
|There is no proposal for deployment of defence forces for anti-naxal operations in the LWE theatre. However, the Indian Air Force has deployed some helicopters to provide logistic support to the Central Armed Police Forces/State Police, but do not directly take part in operations. Further, the Indian Army carries out some training procedures in the Narayanpur area of Chhattisgarh.|
All measures in the LWE theatre are implemented after mutual discussions between the Central Government and the State Governments concerned.
The Central Government has a holistic two pronged approach to combat LWE. It supplements the efforts of State Governments through security related and development related interventions. In security related intervention, apart from directly deploying CAPFs the Government of India provides assistance for capacity building by the states through schemes like the security related expenditure scheme, special infrastructure scheme, construction / strengthening of fortified police stations scheme etc. In the development front, the central Government is implementing special scheme for LWE affected areas like the Integrated Action Plan (IAP), Road Requirement Plan-I etc. It is the belief of the Government of India that a combination of calibrated police action, focused development efforts and improvement in governance will yield the desired results against LWE.
This was stated by Shri R.P.N.Singh, Minister of State in the Ministry of Home Affairs in written reply to a question by Shri N.K. Singh and Dr. Janardhan Waghmare in the Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90448)