English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Human Resource Development12-December, 2012 18:14 IST
|Promotion of Research |
| The National Curriculum Framework – 2005 brought out by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) focuses on inquiry based constructivist pedagogy. This document empowers teachers to create situations, where children may enquire, discover, investigate, research and construct their knowledge. |
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) advocates pedagogical practices which allow children to respond to a situation in a non-traditional way encouraging their spirit of experimentation. The Schools are also expected to assign multidisciplinary projects to groups of students to be done during school hours to promote the spirit of enquiry and investigation.
The University Grant Commission (UGC) is implementing the following schemes to promote research in the higher educational institutions: - (i) Universities with Potential for Excellence (UPE) (ii) Centre with Potential for Excellence in Particular Area (CPEPA) (iii) College with Potential for Excellence (CPE) (iv) Major Research Projects/Minor Research Project (MRP) (v) Special Assistance Programme (SAP) (vi) Basic Scientific Research (BSR) and (vii) Research Fellowships.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Shashi Tharoor in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90512)