English Release 22-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Diwali greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets People on Deepawali
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's 2nd "Mann Ki Baat" programme on 2nd November
- PM shares the link of his page for Diwali wishes
- Min of Culture
- Former Chief Election Commissioner, Shri N Gopalaswami appointed as Chairman of Kalakshetra Foundation Chennai
- Min of Defence
- Update on Su-30 Accident
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of Human Resource Development Launches All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2014-15
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government to commemorate Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31 as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Divas’.
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises gets ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 83.73 per bbl on 21.10.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 3 Medals at 2nd Asian Para Games 2014 on 21st October, 2014
Ministry of Culture12-December, 2012 18:24 IST
|The world will Miss Pt. Ravi Shankar: Smt. Chandresh Kumari Katoch |
| Minister of Culture, Smt. Chandresh Kumari Katoch deeply mourned the death of Pandit Ravi Shankar, one of India’s greatest musicians ever. Terming his passing away as a great loss to the country, she highlighted his singular contribution to the work of music, especially the bridges he built between the East and the West as a rare musical genius.|
“In a profound sense, the unfolding of Pandit Ravi Shankar’s work as a musician and as a composer has been an essay in harmony, a progression of triumphant chords that have assimilated the local with the national, and the national with the global”, she said.
A recipient of several awards, he received the highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna. The first Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony, 2012 was also bestowed upon him for his outstanding contribution and achievements in the field of Culture.
“In the history of Indian music, the mesmerizing history-maker will go down as one who preserved India’s music through changing times, and gave it a fresh and new lease of life”, the Minister added.
(Release ID :90517)