English Release 30-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Trinidad and Tobago
President of India’s Message on the Eve of National Day of Malaysia
- President of India to Attend 14th Convocation of the University of Jammu
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi starts his Japan visit with a private dinner with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- PM arrives in Japan
- PM condoles the passing away of Shri Bipan Chandra
- Ministry of Finance
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana: No Burden on Banks Rather Makes A Reasonable Business Case for Them
- Steps Taken by the Government Starts Showing Results: GDP Shows A Growth Rate Of 5.7 Per Cent in Q1 Of 2014-15 Over the Corresponding Quarter of the Previous Year; Headline WPI Inflation Comes Down to 5.1 Per Cent in July 2014 Among Others
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Dr Harsh Vardhan witnesses grassroots health system dysfunction and
meets doctor couple with rare commitment
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Environment and Progress Can Go Hand in Hand, Says Javadekar at the Convocation for Indian Forest Service Probationers in Dehradun
Prime Minister's Office12-December, 2012 19:51 IST
|In response to Shri Narendra Modi's letter to Prime Minister on Sir Creek issue |
|The Prime Minister has received a letter dated 12th December 2012 from Shri Narendra Modi, making unsubstantiated allegations and statements about discussions with Pakistan on the Sir Creek issue. These discussions have been carried out by successive Governments of India since the dialogue process began in 1998, and continued after Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee's visit to Lahore. |
The contents of the letter and the timing of its release to the public, even before it was formally received in this office, raise questions about the motives behind its issue. The writing and release of this baseless letter by the Chief Minister of Gujarat in his "personal" capacity, a day before elections in the state, is mischievous.
The allegation in the letter that Sir Creek is about to be given to Pakistan is untrue. Therefore, the other conclusions drawn by Shri Modi from this alleged fact are also not real.
It also seems that Shri Modi has written his letter without making any efforts to ascertain the facts from the Government of India.
(Release ID :90536)