English Release 29-July 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT CONGRATULATES MEDAL WINNERS IN
- President of India’s greetings on Idu’l Fitr
- Prime Minister's Office
- CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, calls on PM
- PM addresses scientists at 86th ICAR Foundation Day
- PM greets Vice President on Eid-ul-Fitr
- PM greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Min of Agriculture
- Prime Minister give Mantras of "Kam Zameen, Kam Samay, Zyaada Upaj","Per Drop, more Crop", and "Lab to Land"
- Min of Urban Development
- New urban development initiatives to address shortcomings of JNNURM
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 5th day in commonwealth Games 2014
Prime Minister's Office12-December, 2012 19:51 IST
|In response to Shri Narendra Modi's letter to Prime Minister on Sir Creek issue |
|The Prime Minister has received a letter dated 12th December 2012 from Shri Narendra Modi, making unsubstantiated allegations and statements about discussions with Pakistan on the Sir Creek issue. These discussions have been carried out by successive Governments of India since the dialogue process began in 1998, and continued after Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee's visit to Lahore. |
The contents of the letter and the timing of its release to the public, even before it was formally received in this office, raise questions about the motives behind its issue. The writing and release of this baseless letter by the Chief Minister of Gujarat in his "personal" capacity, a day before elections in the state, is mischievous.
The allegation in the letter that Sir Creek is about to be given to Pakistan is untrue. Therefore, the other conclusions drawn by Shri Modi from this alleged fact are also not real.
It also seems that Shri Modi has written his letter without making any efforts to ascertain the facts from the Government of India.
(Release ID :90536)