English Release 21-September 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- VICE PRESIDENT’S ADDRESS AT VALEDICTORY FUNCTION OF CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS OF CATHOLIC ASSOCIATION OF SOUTH KANARA AT MANGALORE
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM welcomes agreement between Afghan leaders Ashraf Ghani and Abdullah Abdullah
- Transcript of Prime Minister's Interview to CNN
- PM congratulates John Key on re-election as PM of New Zealand
- PM greets Japanese PM Shinzo Abe on his birthday
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Shri Gadkari to Assess Damage to the Roads Due to Floods in J & K
- Min of Rural Development
- Nitin Gadkari to visit Srinagar tomorrow for high level review of relief operations
Prime Minister's Office12-December, 2012 19:51 IST
|In response to Shri Narendra Modi's letter to Prime Minister on Sir Creek issue |
|The Prime Minister has received a letter dated 12th December 2012 from Shri Narendra Modi, making unsubstantiated allegations and statements about discussions with Pakistan on the Sir Creek issue. These discussions have been carried out by successive Governments of India since the dialogue process began in 1998, and continued after Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee's visit to Lahore. |
The contents of the letter and the timing of its release to the public, even before it was formally received in this office, raise questions about the motives behind its issue. The writing and release of this baseless letter by the Chief Minister of Gujarat in his "personal" capacity, a day before elections in the state, is mischievous.
The allegation in the letter that Sir Creek is about to be given to Pakistan is untrue. Therefore, the other conclusions drawn by Shri Modi from this alleged fact are also not real.
It also seems that Shri Modi has written his letter without making any efforts to ascertain the facts from the Government of India.
(Release ID :90536)