English Release 15-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Officers Attending APPPA Programme of IIPA Call on Vice President
- Delegation of Delhi Fire Service Calls on Vice President to Observe Fire Service Week
- Election Commission
- ECI Launches 2014 Election Visitors Programme
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index Numbers of Wholesale Price in India (Base: 2004-05=100)
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stock
- Min of Law & Justice
- Shri Prabhat Kumar Jha and Shri Jitendra Mohan Sharma to be Additional Judges of the Patna High Court
- Shri Sushil Kumar Palo to be an Additional Judge of the Madhya Pradesh High Court
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Shri Arvind Mayaram Designated as Finance Secretary
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased marginally to
US$ 105.91 per bbl on 14.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Portal ‘Railsaver’ to Improve Energy Efficiency on Indian Railways Inaugurated
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- Consumer Price Index Numbers on Base 2010=100 for Rural, Urban and Combined for the Month of March, 2014
Ministry of Home Affairs13-December, 2012 15:17 IST
|Consultative Committee of MHA Reviewed Security Situation in J&K|
|The Consultative Committee of Members of Parliament attached to the Ministry of Home Affairs reviewed the security situation in J&K in its meeting here yesterday under the Chairmanship of Shri Sushilkumar Shinde, Union Home Minister. |
The Members deliberated on the current security scenario, infiltration, border encounters, incidents of stone pelting and hawala funding in detail in the State. The coordination amongst security agencies, modernization of state police forces, visit of all-party delegation to the State, reports of interlocutors and action on these reports were also deliberated in the meeting. The issues of migrants, rehabilitation of the surrendered militants and speedy implementation of Prime Minister’s Reconstruction Programme and PM’s Package for Return and Rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants to the State were also discussed.
Shri Sushilkumar Shinde informed that the State of J&K has been affected by terrorist and secessionist violence, sponsored and supported from across the border for more than two decades. The level of militancy, which was at its peak during the 1990s, started declining from 2003 onwards and today it is at its lowest in terms of incidents as well as causalities of the civilians and security forces. This has been made possible because of the yearning among the people of the State for peace and the successful measures taken by the security forces of the State and Central Government in restricting the infiltration of the militants from across the Line of Control (LoC) and various other counter-insurgency actions on all fronts, the Home Minister added.
Shri Shinde further informed that the Hizbul-Mujahideen (HM) and Lashkar-e-Tayaba (LeT) continued to be the dominant militant groups, mostly operating from the districts of Baramulla, Kupwara and Bandipore, Anantnag and Pulwama districts in Kashmir and Poonch, Ramban and Rajouri in Jammu region. This issue is being addressed from the security point of view and also taken up diplomatically with Pakistan. The State and Central Government has adopted various counter measures to neutralize the efforts and capabilities of militants and others to disturb the peace in the State by inciting the people towards violent agitations and protests against duly elected institutions and authority, the Home Minister mentioned.
S/Shri Bhisma Shankar Alias Kushal Tiwari, D.B.Chandre Gowda, Kamal Kishor, Sheesh Ram Ola, Mahabal Mishra, Dr. Chinta Mohan and Dr. Rattan Singh Ajnala from Lok Sabha and S/Shri Bhubaneswar Kalita, H.K.Dua, Mohd. Alia Khan, Dr. Ashok Sekhar Ganguly and Dr. Vijay Mallya from Rajya Sabha attended the meeting.
Shri R.P.N.Singh, MoS(Home), Shri R.K.Singh, Home Secretary and other senior officers from security forces, State of J&K and the MHA were also present.
(Release ID :90553)