English Release 30-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in Asian Games 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM to share his thoughts with the countrymen through Radio
- Text of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi's interaction session at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York
- Vision Statement for the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership
- PM’s address and interaction at Council on Foreign Relations in New York City
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), August, 2014
- Min of Defence
India US Combined Military Training Exercise
- Ministry of Finance
- Task Forces as Recommended by FSLRC Constituted for Laying the Road Map for Setting-up of Resolution Corporation (RC), Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC), Financial Sector Appellate Tribunal (FSAT) and Public Debt Management Agency (PDMA)
- Centralized Processing Center (CPC), Bengluru Becomes ISO-27001:2005 Compliant
- Min of Heavy Ind. & Public Enterprises
- Shri Kapil Dev Tripathi take Charge of Secretary Department of Public Enterprises
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister receives contribution to PMNRF from National Police Academy
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- First Renewable Energy Global Investment Promotion Meet & Expo to be held in February 2015
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.26 per bbl on 29.09.2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- India won 2 Gold, 2 Silver and 3 Bronze Medals on Day 11 of Asian Games 2014
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Administer Swachh Bharat Shapath
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launches the New Guaranteed Minimum Pension Scheme in Dehradun
Ministry of Home Affairs13-December, 2012 15:17 IST
|Consultative Committee of MHA Reviewed Security Situation in J&K|
|The Consultative Committee of Members of Parliament attached to the Ministry of Home Affairs reviewed the security situation in J&K in its meeting here yesterday under the Chairmanship of Shri Sushilkumar Shinde, Union Home Minister. |
The Members deliberated on the current security scenario, infiltration, border encounters, incidents of stone pelting and hawala funding in detail in the State. The coordination amongst security agencies, modernization of state police forces, visit of all-party delegation to the State, reports of interlocutors and action on these reports were also deliberated in the meeting. The issues of migrants, rehabilitation of the surrendered militants and speedy implementation of Prime Minister’s Reconstruction Programme and PM’s Package for Return and Rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants to the State were also discussed.
Shri Sushilkumar Shinde informed that the State of J&K has been affected by terrorist and secessionist violence, sponsored and supported from across the border for more than two decades. The level of militancy, which was at its peak during the 1990s, started declining from 2003 onwards and today it is at its lowest in terms of incidents as well as causalities of the civilians and security forces. This has been made possible because of the yearning among the people of the State for peace and the successful measures taken by the security forces of the State and Central Government in restricting the infiltration of the militants from across the Line of Control (LoC) and various other counter-insurgency actions on all fronts, the Home Minister added.
Shri Shinde further informed that the Hizbul-Mujahideen (HM) and Lashkar-e-Tayaba (LeT) continued to be the dominant militant groups, mostly operating from the districts of Baramulla, Kupwara and Bandipore, Anantnag and Pulwama districts in Kashmir and Poonch, Ramban and Rajouri in Jammu region. This issue is being addressed from the security point of view and also taken up diplomatically with Pakistan. The State and Central Government has adopted various counter measures to neutralize the efforts and capabilities of militants and others to disturb the peace in the State by inciting the people towards violent agitations and protests against duly elected institutions and authority, the Home Minister mentioned.
S/Shri Bhisma Shankar Alias Kushal Tiwari, D.B.Chandre Gowda, Kamal Kishor, Sheesh Ram Ola, Mahabal Mishra, Dr. Chinta Mohan and Dr. Rattan Singh Ajnala from Lok Sabha and S/Shri Bhubaneswar Kalita, H.K.Dua, Mohd. Alia Khan, Dr. Ashok Sekhar Ganguly and Dr. Vijay Mallya from Rajya Sabha attended the meeting.
Shri R.P.N.Singh, MoS(Home), Shri R.K.Singh, Home Secretary and other senior officers from security forces, State of J&K and the MHA were also present.
(Release ID :90553)