English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Home Affairs13-December, 2012 15:17 IST
|Consultative Committee of MHA Reviewed Security Situation in J&K|
|The Consultative Committee of Members of Parliament attached to the Ministry of Home Affairs reviewed the security situation in J&K in its meeting here yesterday under the Chairmanship of Shri Sushilkumar Shinde, Union Home Minister. |
The Members deliberated on the current security scenario, infiltration, border encounters, incidents of stone pelting and hawala funding in detail in the State. The coordination amongst security agencies, modernization of state police forces, visit of all-party delegation to the State, reports of interlocutors and action on these reports were also deliberated in the meeting. The issues of migrants, rehabilitation of the surrendered militants and speedy implementation of Prime Minister’s Reconstruction Programme and PM’s Package for Return and Rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants to the State were also discussed.
Shri Sushilkumar Shinde informed that the State of J&K has been affected by terrorist and secessionist violence, sponsored and supported from across the border for more than two decades. The level of militancy, which was at its peak during the 1990s, started declining from 2003 onwards and today it is at its lowest in terms of incidents as well as causalities of the civilians and security forces. This has been made possible because of the yearning among the people of the State for peace and the successful measures taken by the security forces of the State and Central Government in restricting the infiltration of the militants from across the Line of Control (LoC) and various other counter-insurgency actions on all fronts, the Home Minister added.
Shri Shinde further informed that the Hizbul-Mujahideen (HM) and Lashkar-e-Tayaba (LeT) continued to be the dominant militant groups, mostly operating from the districts of Baramulla, Kupwara and Bandipore, Anantnag and Pulwama districts in Kashmir and Poonch, Ramban and Rajouri in Jammu region. This issue is being addressed from the security point of view and also taken up diplomatically with Pakistan. The State and Central Government has adopted various counter measures to neutralize the efforts and capabilities of militants and others to disturb the peace in the State by inciting the people towards violent agitations and protests against duly elected institutions and authority, the Home Minister mentioned.
S/Shri Bhisma Shankar Alias Kushal Tiwari, D.B.Chandre Gowda, Kamal Kishor, Sheesh Ram Ola, Mahabal Mishra, Dr. Chinta Mohan and Dr. Rattan Singh Ajnala from Lok Sabha and S/Shri Bhubaneswar Kalita, H.K.Dua, Mohd. Alia Khan, Dr. Ashok Sekhar Ganguly and Dr. Vijay Mallya from Rajya Sabha attended the meeting.
Shri R.P.N.Singh, MoS(Home), Shri R.K.Singh, Home Secretary and other senior officers from security forces, State of J&K and the MHA were also present.
(Release ID :90553)