English Release 23-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE ON THE EVE OF THE MARTYRDOM DAY OF GURU TEG BAHADUR
- PRESS COMMUNIQUE
- Min of Defence
- Coastal Security Network Must Ensure Zero Tolerance to Error: Parrikar
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- 45TH IFFI Celebrates Dance in Indian Cinema
- New Experiments in Documentaries Section
- 45th IFFI Pays Retrospective Honours to Gulzar; Screens ‘Libas’
- Cinema Means Love and Responsibility Not Business: Mohsen Makhmalbaf
- Student Filmmakers are Promising and Full of Original Concepts: Prof. B. Diwakar
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Government convenes all Party meet on CSAT exam issue
- Prime Minister confident of a productive Winter Session of Parliament beginning tomorrow
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives cheque for J&K flood relief from PEPCO Bank
- Min of Science & Technology
- HPV option to prevent preterm births dangerous --Dr Harsh Vardhan
Ministry of Mines 14-December, 2012 16:25 IST
|Implementation of Objectives of EITI |
|Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative [EITI] is a globally developed standard for extraction of natural resources to promote revenue transparency at the local level. India is not a signatory to the EITI. However we have an elaborate legal and constitutional framework to manage mineral sector as indicated below: |
(i) The mineral sector is guided in terms of a Government approved National Mineral Policy, 2008.
(ii) The mining operations are regulated in terms of a Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) [MMDR] Act 1957 framed by the Parliament.
(iii) The State Governments, as owners of minerals, grant mineral concessions and collect royalty, dead rent and fees as per the provisions of MMDR Act 1957.
(iv) The royalty and dead rent revenues collected by the State Government accrue to the Consolidated Fund of State Government concerned and are then appropriated for public spending through a budgetary process which has to be approved by the Legislative House of the State Government concerned.
This information was given by the Minister of Mines, Shri Dinsha Patel in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :90707)