English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Railways17-December, 2012 16:49 IST
|Rules Framed on Prohibition of Activities Affecting Cleanliness and Hygiene in the Railway Premises |
Persons Contravening Rules to be Punished with a Fine
upto Rs. 500/-
|The Ministry of Railways has issued a notification containing rules on prohibition of activities affecting cleanliness and hygiene in the Railway premises alongwith penalties for contravention of these rules. The Indian Railways (Penalties for activities affecting cleanliness at Railway premises) Rules 2012 have been notified in the Extraordinary Gazette of India, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide Gazette Notification no. GSR 846(E) dt. 26.11.2012. |
Under these notified rules, no person shall (i) throw or deposit litter in any occupied or unoccupied Railway premises or the carriage except in authorised places; (ii) cook, bathe, spit, urinate, defecate, feed animal or birds, repair or wash vehicles, washing utensils or clothes or any other objects or keep any type of storage in any Railway premises except in such facilities or conveniences specifically provided for any of these purposes; (iii) paste or put up any poster or write or draw anything or matter in any compartment or carriage of the Railway or any premises thereof, without any lawful authority; (iv) indulge in defacing Railway property.
Authorised Vendors/hawkers will make necessary arrangement to keep the container or waste basket for collecting litter and proper disposal of its contents.
Whosoever contravenes any of the provisions of these rules or fails to comply with such provisions shall be punished with a fine which shall not exceed five hundred rupees.
The officials authorised to collect fine mentioned in these rules are:
(i) The Station Master or Station Manager;
(ii) An officer not below the rank of ‘Ticket Collector of the Commercial Department or an officer of equivalent rank of the Operating Department and
(iii) Any other official(s) authorised by the Railway Administration for the purpose of implementing these rules.
These rules have been made by the Central Government in exercise of the powers conferred by Clause (g) of sub-section(2) and sub-section(3) of Section 60 read with Section 198 of the Railways Act, 1989 (24 of 1989).
(Release ID :90826)