English Release 11-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India presents standard to 112 HU and colours to 4 BRD of Indian Air Force
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Haryana
- Fact Sheet on Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Fact Sheet on Chandigarh
- Election Expenditure per elector up by twenty times in 2009 compared to first General Elections
- Fact Sheet on NCT of Delhi
- Press Note
- Min of Civil Aviation
- India Aviation – 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- India’s Foreign Trade: February, 2014
- Min of Culture
- 124th Foundation Day Celebrations of National Archives of India
- Ministry of Finance
CBEC Denies any Holding of Customs, Excise Duty and Service Tax Refunds/Drawbacks
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- India and Sudan Agree to Promote Cooperation in Renewable Energy
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination,2013- Result Declared
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.46 per bbl on 10.3.2014
- Planning Commission
- India-US Energy Dialogue
Ministry of Railways17-December, 2012 16:49 IST
|Rules Framed on Prohibition of Activities Affecting Cleanliness and Hygiene in the Railway Premises |
Persons Contravening Rules to be Punished with a Fine
upto Rs. 500/-
|The Ministry of Railways has issued a notification containing rules on prohibition of activities affecting cleanliness and hygiene in the Railway premises alongwith penalties for contravention of these rules. The Indian Railways (Penalties for activities affecting cleanliness at Railway premises) Rules 2012 have been notified in the Extraordinary Gazette of India, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide Gazette Notification no. GSR 846(E) dt. 26.11.2012. |
Under these notified rules, no person shall (i) throw or deposit litter in any occupied or unoccupied Railway premises or the carriage except in authorised places; (ii) cook, bathe, spit, urinate, defecate, feed animal or birds, repair or wash vehicles, washing utensils or clothes or any other objects or keep any type of storage in any Railway premises except in such facilities or conveniences specifically provided for any of these purposes; (iii) paste or put up any poster or write or draw anything or matter in any compartment or carriage of the Railway or any premises thereof, without any lawful authority; (iv) indulge in defacing Railway property.
Authorised Vendors/hawkers will make necessary arrangement to keep the container or waste basket for collecting litter and proper disposal of its contents.
Whosoever contravenes any of the provisions of these rules or fails to comply with such provisions shall be punished with a fine which shall not exceed five hundred rupees.
The officials authorised to collect fine mentioned in these rules are:
(i) The Station Master or Station Manager;
(ii) An officer not below the rank of ‘Ticket Collector of the Commercial Department or an officer of equivalent rank of the Operating Department and
(iii) Any other official(s) authorised by the Railway Administration for the purpose of implementing these rules.
These rules have been made by the Central Government in exercise of the powers conferred by Clause (g) of sub-section(2) and sub-section(3) of Section 60 read with Section 198 of the Railways Act, 1989 (24 of 1989).
(Release ID :90826)