English Release 1-November 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM greets People of Madhya Pradesh on State’s Foundation Day
- PM greets People of Haryana on Haryana Day
- PM greets the people of Karnataka on Kannada Rajyotsava
- PM greets the people of Chhattisgarh on their Foundation Day
- Min of Defence
- Air Marshal B Suresh Takes Over as Senior Air Staff Officer Western Air Command, IAF
Ministry of Civil Aviation18-December, 2012 17:58 IST
|New National Air Cargo Poicy |
|Keeping in view the significance of air cargo to the economic growth of the country Ministry of Civil Aviation had set up a Working Group on Air Cargo/Express Service Industry. One of the recommendations of the said Working Group is to lay down a comprehensive policy framework governing air cargo operations in the country. With a view to steer through the reforms suggested in the Report of the Working Group, the Ministry has constituted Air Cargo Logistic Promotion Board, an Inter-Ministerial Group. |
In terms of value, air cargo is over 30 per cent of total merchandise trade. The up-gradation of facilities at the airport is a continuous process and is done as per the requirements.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Civil Aviation Shri K.C. Venugopal in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :90905)