English Release 22-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to visit West Bengal on August 23 and 24
- President calls on council of IITs to draw up a roadmap for governance in line with global practices
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Delegation of Gujjar and Bakkarwal Youths from Jammu & Kashmir Calls on Vice President
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles the passing away of Shri UR Ananthamurthy
- Haryana CM calls on PM
- Shri Saurabh Patel, Minister, Govt of Gujarat, calls on PM
- Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana calls on PM
- PM's address at the Conference of Chairmen of Boards of Governors, and Directors of IITs at Rashtrapati Bhawan
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 935.06 Lakh Hectare Mark
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stocks
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- 589 Passengers Being Tracked for Ebola Virus Disease
- Min of Home Affairs
- Home Minister Reviews Uttar Pradesh Flood Situation
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- Government committed to development of North Eastern Region
- Doordarshan to host ABU-ROBOCON 2014 International Contest at Pune from 22nd-26th August, 2014
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- The Minister of MSME holds interactive Conference with State Industries/ MSME Ministers and Secretaries.
- Min of Minority Affairs
- J&K Vichar Manch Delegation Calls on Dr. Najma A. Heptulla
- 2-Member Bahai Delegation Calls on Dr. Najma A. Heptulla
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Regarding Civil Services Examination, 2015
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Production Performance Oil & Natural Gas Sector for the month of July, 2014
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket decreased to US$ 99.97 per bbl on 21.08.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Minister Gives Away Cash Award to Railway Sportspersons for Winning Medals at CWG-2014, Glasgow
- Min of Science & Technology
- Government to Increase Funding for Research –Dr.Jitendra Singh
- Collaborative Research
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- States Asked to Speed up Development of SC/OBC/Senior Citizen and Rehabilitation of Drug Addict Says Minister for SJE
- Ministry of Tourism
- Union Tourism Ministry simplifies procedure for Hotel classification and re-classification
- Tourism Ministry delinks Hotel classification from Liquor Service
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on August 21, 2014
- Ghagra and Rapti Flowing in High Flood Situation
Ministry of Home Affairs22-December, 2012 20:35 IST
|Government Assures Strong Action on Gang Rape Case |
Commission of Enquiry to be set up
| Following is the text of the statement made by the Union Home Minister Shri Sushil Kumar Scinde on the gang rape case in Delhi : |
“The Government is extremely concerned about the shocking occurrence of gang rape, which took place in Delhi on 16th December 2012.
All the six accused have been arrested by the police, the last one yesterday from Jharkhand. Sufficient evidence has been gathered to prosecute them and the charge sheet will be filed very shortly. Government is requesting the Court for a speedy trial through a fast track court on a day to day basis.
Prompt action has also been taken against the transporter whose bus was used for this heinous crime. Permits for all the nine vehicles owned by this transporter have been cancelled.
The victim is being provided the best medical care. Government will do whatever is necessary for her recovery. Her condition is being monitored very closely. She has given a statement about the crime to an Executive Magistrate last night.
Government shares the widespread concern and support that has been expressed throughout society for the girl who has so suffered. Government also respects the right of legitimate protest. At the same time, there is need to exercise calm at this juncture and for everyone to work together to improve the safety and security environment.
On its part, Government is committed to ensuring the safety of women in the Capital as well as in the rest of the country. A number of steps have recently been taken in Delhi, including the following:-
(i) Improving the public transport system by increasing the number of buses at night.
(ii) Installation of GPS on all public transport vehicles to ensure that they do not stray from their scheduled routes.
(iii) Ensuring that all personnel deployed on public transport carry identification badges and are verified.
(iv) Proactive and enhanced patrolling by police vans/motor cycles along routes taken by families and women returning late at night from entertainment hubs and work places.
To ensure a strong law to deal with crimes of this nature, Government will take immediate steps for the amendment of the Criminal Law for enhanced and more effective punishment in the rarest of the rare cases of sexual assault such as this.
Government will set up a Commission of Inquiry under the Commissions of Inquiry Act 1952 to review responses to this shocking crime and to suggest measures to improve the safety and security of women in the capital.”
(Release ID :91128)