English Release 30-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President of India meets personnel of the tri service band contingents and provost outriders of the three services
- Vice President's Secretariat
- NSS CONTINGENT VOLUNTEERS CALL ON VICE PRESIDENT
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's Twitter Address to the 18th National Conference on e-Governance
- PM pays homage to Mahatma Gandhi and all the Martyrs who laid their lives for the Nation, On Martyrs' Day
- Min of Agriculture
- Area Coverage under Rabi Crops
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swachh Bharat
- NIA Amendment on Spectrum Auction
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, Areca Nuts, Gold And Silver Notified
- Gold award for the Income Tax Department under National Award on E-Governance 2014-15
- Amended Exchange Rates of Foreign Currency Notified
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Home Minister chairs High Level Committee meeting for Central assistance to states affected by natural disasters
- Min of Micro,Small & Medium Enterprises
- Review Meeting of Pmegp for North Eastern States Held Under The Charimanship of Shri Kalraj Mishra
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Central Armed Police Forces
(Assistant Commandants) Exam, 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 46.28 per bbl on 29.01.2015
- Ministry of Railways
- Suresh Prabhu Flags off Trains Remotely Through Telepresence Service of Railtel, A Railway’s PSU
- Min of Statistics & Programme Implementation
- New Series Estimates of National Income,
Consumption Expenditure, Saving and Capital Formation
(Base Year 2011-12)
- Min of Urban Development
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu plainly asks states ‘are you ready for smart cities?’
Says it is a daunting a task but doable; seeks to motivate states
- NITI Aayog
- Dr VK Saraswat Assumes Charge as Member of NITI Aayog
Ministry of Home Affairs26-December, 2012 16:40 IST
|Justice J.S.Verma Committee holds its First Meeting |
More than 6,000 E-Mails Received
The Justice Verma Committee held its first meeting on 26.12.2012 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The main highlights of the press release issued by the Committee after the meeting are as below: |
i) The Committee proceeded to take note of the way forward and is conscious that the work must be completed within the stipulated time-frame.
ii) The Committee appeals to all members of the public who are interested in making any suggestions, that they may do so without any reservations not later than 5.1.2013. In the event there are persons who would like, for personal reasons, that their identity be kept confidential, they may clearly indicate so.
iii) The Committee is also requesting heads of the Judiciary, members of the media, leading statesmen and public figures, as well as members of the academic community and various human rights organisations, in India and overseas, for their suggestions.
iv) The Committee is pleased to note that, as a consequence of the steps taken, 6100 emails containing suggestions have already been received by the Committee as on 26.12.2012. The members of the Committee have also requested various leaders of the Bar, including the Bar Council of India, and eminent authors and experts in the field of women development studies to offer their suggestions. The response from such specialists has been overwhelming.
v) All responses in writing should be made available to the Committee no later than 5.1.2013. The said written responses may be sent to the Committee by way of email (to email@example.com) or by fax (to 011-23092675).
vi) The Committee interprets the Terms of Reference as wide enough to include connected areas such as gender justice, respect towards womanhood, and ancillary matters.
The three eminent jurists’ Committee was constituted to look into possible amendments to the criminal law so as to provide for quicker trial and enhanced punishment for criminals, accused of committing sexual assault of extreme nature against women. The Committee is headed by Shri Justice (Retd) J.S.Verma, former Chief Justice of India. Smt. Justice(Retd) Leila Seth, former Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh and Shri Gopal Subramaniam, former Solicitor General of India are the other members.
(Release ID :91179)