English Release 31-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Education will be the single biggest transformative factor in catapulting India into the league of developed nations, says President
- President of India congratulates Pankaj Advani on achieving 12th world title in Leeds
- President pays floral tributes to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of PM’s address at 'Run For Unity' at Rajpath on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- PM receives personal belongings of Sardar Patel, on his 139th birth anniversary
- Sidelights – Run For Unity Event at Rajpath, New Delhi
- PM flags off, joins Run For Unity on Sardar Patel Jayanti
- PM remembers Smt. Indira Gandhi on her Punya Tithi
- PM pays tributes to Sardar Patel on his birth anniversary
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Rice Area Coverage
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), September, 2014
- Department of Commerce calls for creative participation for India’s participation at Hannover Messe
- Min of Defence
- Minor Incident Involving Naval Ship
- Indian Warships Visit to Port Louis
- Ministry of Finance
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.30 per cent Government Stock, 2040’
Auction for Sale of a new Government Stock of 19 Years
Auction for Sale (Re-Issue ) of ‘8.60 per cent Government Stock, 2028’
- Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of ‘8.27 per cent Government Stock, 2020’
- Subash Chandra Garg Relieved to take up His New Assignment As Executive Director, World Bank, Washington D.C.
- Rajiv Mehrishi takes over as Secretry, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- MoU with Spain on organ transplantation soon
- Min of Home Affairs
- Text of Home Minister's speech at NPA, Hyderabad
- Cyber Crime Prevention Strategy will be Strengthened: Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh
- Home Secretary Administers Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Pledge
- “Police Stations should become Temples of Justice,” says Rajnath Singh
- Min of Human Resource Development
- 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers Held
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Standing Committee on Railways invites suggestions on Railways(Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2014 Declaration of Result of Written Part
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Constitution of Steering Committee for successful implementation of “Make in India” campaign in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 84.77 per bbl on 30.10.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Railway Protection Force hosting 15th All Indian Police Band Competition
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Institute of Driving Training & Research to be inaugurated tomorrow at Pune
- Electronic Toll Collection System makes Delhi-Mumbai Drive Faster and Cheaper
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on October 30, 2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- SRB to be raised by 10 basis points every year
Ministry of Home Affairs26-December, 2012 16:40 IST
|Justice J.S.Verma Committee holds its First Meeting |
More than 6,000 E-Mails Received
The Justice Verma Committee held its first meeting on 26.12.2012 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The main highlights of the press release issued by the Committee after the meeting are as below: |
i) The Committee proceeded to take note of the way forward and is conscious that the work must be completed within the stipulated time-frame.
ii) The Committee appeals to all members of the public who are interested in making any suggestions, that they may do so without any reservations not later than 5.1.2013. In the event there are persons who would like, for personal reasons, that their identity be kept confidential, they may clearly indicate so.
iii) The Committee is also requesting heads of the Judiciary, members of the media, leading statesmen and public figures, as well as members of the academic community and various human rights organisations, in India and overseas, for their suggestions.
iv) The Committee is pleased to note that, as a consequence of the steps taken, 6100 emails containing suggestions have already been received by the Committee as on 26.12.2012. The members of the Committee have also requested various leaders of the Bar, including the Bar Council of India, and eminent authors and experts in the field of women development studies to offer their suggestions. The response from such specialists has been overwhelming.
v) All responses in writing should be made available to the Committee no later than 5.1.2013. The said written responses may be sent to the Committee by way of email (to email@example.com) or by fax (to 011-23092675).
vi) The Committee interprets the Terms of Reference as wide enough to include connected areas such as gender justice, respect towards womanhood, and ancillary matters.
The three eminent jurists’ Committee was constituted to look into possible amendments to the criminal law so as to provide for quicker trial and enhanced punishment for criminals, accused of committing sexual assault of extreme nature against women. The Committee is headed by Shri Justice (Retd) J.S.Verma, former Chief Justice of India. Smt. Justice(Retd) Leila Seth, former Chief Justice of Himachal Pradesh and Shri Gopal Subramaniam, former Solicitor General of India are the other members.
(Release ID :91179)