English Release 20-September 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Congratulates Medal Winners in
Asian Games 2014
- President of India condoles the passing away of Uppalapu Srinivas
- Prime Minister's Office
- Sashastra Seema Bal, SRM University and ITC make donations for PMNRF
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Suicide prevention a health priority: Health Minister
- Health Ministry to take up anti-noise pollution initiatives
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Bharat Pensioners’ Samaj donates to Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Corrigendum for Press Release issued on 19th Sept, 2014 on Meeting of Mrs Melinda Gates and Mr Bill Gates with Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare29-December, 2012 15:33 IST
|Condolence Message |
|The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad has deeply condoled the passing away of the 23 year rape victim in Singapore in early hours today.|
In his condolence message, he said that a young, promising life has been brutally snatched away in most tragic circumstances. A brave and courageous girl who fought till the very last minute for her dignity and life will be remembered as a symbol of indomitable spirit and invincible determination. He said that a humble tribute to that courageous girl would to reaffirm our resolve to create a congenial and safe environment for the women of our country.
Government tried to provide the best possible care to the traumatized girl. However, destiny had something else in store as the girl could not survive the brutality that she underwent.
May the departed soul rest in eternal peace in heaven.
(Release ID :91247)