English Release 24-May 2013
- Presidents Secretariat
- We must find answers for reversing the degradation of values, says President
- President’s Buddha Purnima Greetings
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Greets Citizens on Buddha Purnima
- Prime Minister's Office
- Prime Minister’s Speech at SEBI’s Silver Jubilee Celebration
- PM Greets the Nation on Buddha Purnima
- Min of Agriculture
- Kharif Sowing Crosses 60 Lakh Hectare
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- NIELIT, Srinagar will contribute to the growth of J&K, Dr. Killi Kruparani
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Janani Shishu Suraksha Karyakram – Saving Mothers and Newborns
- Azad concludes two-day visit to Sweden
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Block Institutes of Teachers Education to be Established in 196 SC/ST/Minority Concentrated Districts
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Press Note
- Petroleum Ministry Refutes allegations regarding Proposed Gas Price Revision
- Production Performance of Oil & Natural Gas sector for the month of April, 2013
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines sharply to
99.37/US$ bbl on 23.5.2013
- Min of Power
- Hindi Advisory Committee of Ministry of Power for effective implementation of Official Language
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (as on 25 April 2013)
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Financial assistance from National Sports Development Fund to Mary Kom Regional Boxing Foundation, Imphal
Conference of Ministers and Secretaries of States And Union Territories in-Charge of Sports & Youth Affairs Begins in New Delhi
- Planning Commission
UIDAI launches Aadhaar based Iris Authentication, eKYC, One Time PIN New Services and Permanent Enrolment Centres
Ministry of Culture12-January, 2013 18:51 IST
|President Shri Pranab Mukherjee Inaugurates Commemoration of the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda |
|President Shri Pranab Mukherjee here today inaugurated the celebrations to commemorate the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. Smt. Sonia Gandhi, Chairperson UPA, Shri A.K. Antony, Minister of Defence & Chairman NIC, Shri P. Chidambaram, Minister of Finance, Shri Kapil Sibal, Minister of Communications and IT, Smt. Chandresh Kumari Katoch, Minister of Culture and Swami Suhitananda, General Secretary, Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math were also present at the function organized at the Rashtrapati Bhawan auditorium. |
President shri Pranab Mukherjee and other dignitaries paid glowing tributes to life and works of Swami Vivekananda and recalled his contribution in welfare of mankind and upliftment of poor masses. The speakers said that his ideas and teachings are relevant even today.
The Finance Minister Shri P. Chidambaram released a set of Commemorative Coins and presented the first set to the President Shri Pranab Mukherjee. The coins are of Rs.150 and Rs. 5 denomination.
Minister for Communications & Information Technology Shri Kapil Sibal released a set of 4 Commemorative Postage Stamps on Swami Vivekananda and presented the first copy to the President Shri Pranab Mukherjee. One stamp is of Rs. 20 and rest three of Rs. 5 each.
Children from the Ramakrishna Mission, New Delhi gave a singing performance on the occasion. This function commences the year long commemoration under which a range of activities have been planned, some of which have already begun not only in India but abroad, as well.
The Government of India decided to undertake the commemoration of 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. A National Committee under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh was constituted to approve policies/plans, programmes and supervise and guide the Commemoration of the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda including preparatory activities leading up to the Anniversary year in 2013-14.
A National Implementation Committee was also constituted in 2010 under the Chairmanship of the then Finance Minister Shri Pranab Mukherjee to implement the decisions of the National Committee. On Shri Pranab Mukherjee assuming the office of President of India, Defence Minister Shri A.K. Antony has been appointed Chairman of the said National Implementation Committee.
(Release ID :91535)