English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Commerce & Industry14-January, 2013 16:40 IST
India, South Africa agree for Early Finalisation of India-SACU PTA Negotiations |
Sharma Flags India’s Concerns on Market Access to Bovine Meat
|The Union Minister for Commerce, Industry & Textiles Shri Anand Sharma and Mr Rob Davies, Minister of Trade and Industry, Republic of South Africa, today reviewed the India- Southern African Custom Union (SACU) Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) negotiations in Johannesburg. Both the Ministers agreed for the need for early finalisation of the India and SACU PTA. Shri Sharma requested Mr. Davies to take up the issue of India-SACU PTA negotiations and requested him to use his good offices to expedite SACU’s response to India’s proposal of average Margin of Preference (MOP) in the PTA so that the two sides can accordingly finalise and exchange their respective responses to the tariff request lists and thereby take the negotiations forward. Both sides have instructed the officials to meet and thrash out the differences. Earlier, Shri Sharma had written to Mr. Davies on the same issue. |
Both the Ministers also decided to meet before the next BRICS Trade Ministers’ Summit and also agreed to coordinate stances on World Trade Organisation (WTO) issues.
Shri Sharma also expressed India’s concerns at the temporary suspension placed by the South African authorities on frozen boneless buffalo meat imports from India. It is to be noted that after recently granting market access to deboned and deglaned frozen boneless buffalo meat from India by approving one abattoir cum meat processing unit in Maharashtra in January, 2011, same has been temporarily suspended in the month of May 2011. Shri Sharma has requested that the matter may be looked into as the Indian meat conforms to the highest international norms and standards.
Shri Sharma also mentioned that India and South Africa should be able to reach the bilateral trade target of USD 15 billion for 2014, set by us January, 2011, well before 2014. While the total trade between India and South Africa stood at USD 10.53 billion for 2010, it rose to USD 13.65 billion for 2011.
(Release ID :91557)