English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
Ministry of Agriculture17-January, 2013 17:56 IST
|Restructuring of Import Duty on crude edible Oil |
|The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has given its approval for the enhancement of import duty on crude edible oils from 0 to 2.5 percent, while retaining the present import duty of 7.5 percent on all refined edible oils. This has been done with the objective to shore up the price payable to farmers for Fresh Fruit Bunches of oil palm, which is linked to the landed price of Crude Palm Oil (CPO). With enhanced duty on CPO, price payable to farmers will increase by around Rs. 150 per MT. |
Impact of enhanced duty on prices of edible oils would be negligible at less than Rs. 1 per kg. The price may be further moderated on account of the huge stocks of palm oil in Malaysia and Indonesia, which may force these countries to lower the export duty currently levied in an effort to boost their exports.
(Release ID :91655)