English Release 7-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to present Stree Shakti Puruskar, 2013
- President of India inaugurates Annual Innovation Exhibition
- President of India’s message on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Election Commission
- General Election to Sixteenth Lok Sabha and State Legislative Assemblies, 2014 – Media Coverage During the Period Referred to in Section 126 of RP Act, 1951
- Schedule for General Elections, 2014
- Fact Sheet on Tripura
- Fact Sheet on Assam
- Democratic Colors Of United India
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.20 per bbl on 06.3.2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals Show a Growth of 7.2% in February 2014 over February 2013
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 February 2014)
Ministry of Defence21-January, 2013 18:19 IST
|Bangalore Gears Up to Host Aeroindia – 2013 |
All Exhibition Space Sold Out
Russian Aerobatic Team will Colour the Bangalore Sky
|The Defence Minister Shri AK Antony would inaugurate the Ninth Edition of Aero India on 06 February 2013 at Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bangalore. |
Organised by Department of Defence Production this biennial event provides a significant platform for Indian and Foreign vendors. The five day show aims at promoting products and services being offered by Indian Defence Industry in the International Market and providing exposure to the Armed Forces, R & D personnel to the latest Aviation and Aerospace Industry.
While Aero India 2011 saw the participation of exhibitors from 29 countries with more than 675 companies and 47 overseas delegations accommodated over the gross exhibition area of 75,000 Sqm, the Ninth Edition of this International Aerospace Exhibition is expected to see the participation of over 600 companies and 78 overseas delegations accommodated over an approximate area of 1,25,000 Sqm. The largest overseas participation is seen from USA with indoor space occupied being 1,185 sqm followed by Israel and Russia. Other major participants are France, UK, Germany and Belgium, Bulgaria, Italy, Ukraine, Australia, Belarus, Czech Republic, Japan, Norway, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Netherlands, Romania, Sweden, UAE and Singapore.
The event would also see the participation of aerobatic teams – Flying Bulls from Czech Republic, Russian Knights-Russian Air Force Aerobatic Team and IAF’s Sarang Aerobatic Team.
The first edition of Aero India was held in December 1996 with an objective to provide significant platform for business opportunities in the International Aviation sector as well as to exhibit capabilities of Indian Defences R & D and Production. Being a biennial event subsequent editions were held in 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2011. While a modest 176 companies participating in the second edition of Aero India in 1996, the event in its Ninth Edition of 2013 is expected to feature over 600 companies.
More than 78 official delegations are expected to attend the four day exhibition with many products expected to be launched by Indian and Foreign Companies during the exhibitions. Several Business to Business meetings are planned to be held on the sidelines. The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is the Event Manager of Aero India 2013.
(Release ID :91723)