English Release 23-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President Inaugurates 6th Edition of KKM Memorial Gold Cup - Rural Football Tournament
- President Underlines Importance of Quality Education
- President of India Condoles The Passing Away of U R Ananthamurthy
- President calls upon IITs to play a pivotal role in developing newer cutting edge technologies
- Prime Minister's Office
- Gujarat CM calls on PM
- PM condoles loss of life in floods in the states of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Assam
- PM meets youth of Gujjar-Bakkarwal communities from Jammu and Kashmir
- Prime Minister receives Tamil National Alliance delegation
- Min of Agriculture
- Union Agriculture Minister lays Foundation Stone for Saffron Park Project at Pampore, Pulwama
- Min of Defence
- First Indigenously Built Stealth Anti-Submarine Warfare Ship- INS Kamorta- Commissioned
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- All systems in AIIMS under review: Dr Harsh Vardhan
- Min of Human Resource Development
- India-South Australia Collaboration in Education and Vocational Training Sector
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- States should emphasise on Empowerment and Inclusion of the Disabled, says Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Min of Steel
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates “Heat Hardening Pelletisation Unit” at SAIL, Ranchi
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Brahmaputra in High Flood Situation
- Ghagra Continues to Flow in High Flood Situation
Ministry of Defence21-January, 2013 18:19 IST
|Bangalore Gears Up to Host Aeroindia – 2013 |
All Exhibition Space Sold Out
Russian Aerobatic Team will Colour the Bangalore Sky
|The Defence Minister Shri AK Antony would inaugurate the Ninth Edition of Aero India on 06 February 2013 at Air Force Station Yelahanka in Bangalore. |
Organised by Department of Defence Production this biennial event provides a significant platform for Indian and Foreign vendors. The five day show aims at promoting products and services being offered by Indian Defence Industry in the International Market and providing exposure to the Armed Forces, R & D personnel to the latest Aviation and Aerospace Industry.
While Aero India 2011 saw the participation of exhibitors from 29 countries with more than 675 companies and 47 overseas delegations accommodated over the gross exhibition area of 75,000 Sqm, the Ninth Edition of this International Aerospace Exhibition is expected to see the participation of over 600 companies and 78 overseas delegations accommodated over an approximate area of 1,25,000 Sqm. The largest overseas participation is seen from USA with indoor space occupied being 1,185 sqm followed by Israel and Russia. Other major participants are France, UK, Germany and Belgium, Bulgaria, Italy, Ukraine, Australia, Belarus, Czech Republic, Japan, Norway, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Netherlands, Romania, Sweden, UAE and Singapore.
The event would also see the participation of aerobatic teams – Flying Bulls from Czech Republic, Russian Knights-Russian Air Force Aerobatic Team and IAF’s Sarang Aerobatic Team.
The first edition of Aero India was held in December 1996 with an objective to provide significant platform for business opportunities in the International Aviation sector as well as to exhibit capabilities of Indian Defences R & D and Production. Being a biennial event subsequent editions were held in 1998, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2011. While a modest 176 companies participating in the second edition of Aero India in 1996, the event in its Ninth Edition of 2013 is expected to feature over 600 companies.
More than 78 official delegations are expected to attend the four day exhibition with many products expected to be launched by Indian and Foreign Companies during the exhibitions. Several Business to Business meetings are planned to be held on the sidelines. The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is the Event Manager of Aero India 2013.
(Release ID :91723)