English Release 26-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Deepen private sector involvement in education, says President
- President of India condoles the passing away of Sitara Devi
- Prime Minister's Office
- Speech by the Prime Minister at the SAARC Summit
- 26/11: PM salutes the bravery of security personnel who laid down their lives and reaffirms commitment to combat terrorism
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Appointment of SPG Director
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 76.91 per bbl on 25.11.2014
Cabinet24-January, 2013 19:12 IST
|Cabinet approves committee to probe Wal-Mart’s lobbying activities |
The Union Cabinet today approved the appointment of a one-man Committee into the media reports concerning Wal-Mart. |
The terms of reference of the Committee are as follows:-
(i) To inquire into recent media reports on disclosures of Wal-mart before the US Senate regarding their lobbying activities and details.
(ii) Whether Wal-Mart undertook any activities in India in contravention of any Indian law.
(iii) Any other matter relevant or incidental to the above.
The Committee will submit its report within three months.
(Release ID :91820)