English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting04-February, 2013 17:33 IST
Ministry of I&B Constitutes A Panel to Examine issues of Certification under Cinematograph Act 1952 |
|The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has constituted a panel under the Chairmanship of Shri Mukul Mudgal, Retired Chief Justice, High Court of Punjab and Haryana to examine issues of certification under the Cinematograph Act 1952. The constitution of the Committee is as follows: |
i) Sh. Mukul Mudgal, Retired Chief Justice, High Court of Punjab and Haryana –
ii) Sh. Lalit Bhasin,Chairperson, FCAT;
iii) Ms. Sharmila Tagore, former Chairperson, CBFC;
iv) Janab Javed Akhtar, renowned music composer, writer & lyricist;
v) Ms. Leela Samson,Chairperson,CBFC;
vi) Sh. L Suresh, Secretary, South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce and
former President, Film Federation of India;
vii) Ms. Rameeza Hakim, Advocate, Supreme Court of India.
viii) Sh. Raghvendra Singh, Joint Secretary(Films),I&B-Member-Convenor.
The Terms of Reference of the Committee are as under:-
I) Review the mandate and functioning of CBFC and recommend measures including statutory changes to enable CBFC to deal with contemporary requirements of certification and increased transparency / efficiency. Such issues, inter alia, may include :
a) The process of certification under the Act and Rules, including the mechanism followed by Examining and Revising Committees;
b) Categories of certification, existing and proposed, under the Cinematograph (Amendment) Bill, 2013;
c) Requirement of special categories of certification for the purposes of broadcasting on television channels and radio stations.
II) To review the mandate and functioning of Film Certification Appellate Tribunal (FCAT) in order to make it a more efficacious appellate body;
III) Examine the role of Central Government regarding sanctioning of cinematograph films for exhibition under Entry 60, List I of the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution of India vis-à-vis Entry 33, List II of the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution of India;
IV) To suggest more effective legal remedies and penal provisions in the Act, particularly with reference to making unlawful copies, camcording in cinema halls, interpolation/insertion of clips after certification and such similar issues; and
V) Any other issues that the Committee may deem fit to deliberate upon.
The Committee may submit its report in two months from the date of its constitution.
(Release ID :91998)