English Release 16-April 2014
- Election Commission
- Facts at a Glance: Jammu & Kashmir (5th Poll Day)
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Indian Industry has an Important Role to Play in Developing Standards: Cabinet Secretary
- Ministry of Finance
- Change in Tariff Value of Crude Palm Oil, RBD Palm Oil, Others – Palm Oil, Crude Palmolein, RBD Palmolein, Others – Palmolein, Crude Soyabean Oil, Brass Scrap (All Grades), Poppy Seeds, ARECA Nuts, Gold and Silver Notified
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery declines to Rs 5.49/litre for the fortnight commencing 16.4.2014
Ministry of Railways08-February, 2013 14:49 IST
|Railway Revenue Earnings up by 20.38 Per Cent During April 2012- January 2013 |
The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways on originating basis during 1st April 2012 to 31st January 2013 were Rs. 101223.95 crore compared to Rs. 84083.74 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 20.38 per cent. |
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs. 56163.30 crore during 1st April 2011 – 31st January 2012 to Rs. 70067.36 crore during 1st April 2012 – 31st January 2013, registering an increase of 24.76 per cent.
The total passenger revenue earnings during 1st April 2012 – 31st January 2013 were Rs. 25924.29 crore compared to Rs. 23344.42 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 11.05 per cent.
The revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs. 2617.19 crore during April 2012 - January 2013 compared to Rs. 2353.54 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 11.20 per cent.
The total approximate numbers of passengers booked during 1st April 2012 – 31st January 2013 were 7150.60 million compared to 6910.00 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 3.48 per cent. In the suburban and non-suburban sectors, the numbers of passengers booked during April 2012 -January 2013 were 3753.32 million and 3397.28 million compared to 3651.70 million and 3258.30 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 2.78 per cent 3.48 per cent respectively.
(Release ID :92104)