English Release 7-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to present Stree Shakti Puruskar, 2013
- President of India inaugurates Annual Innovation Exhibition
- President of India’s message on the occasion of International Women’s Day
- Election Commission
- General Election to Sixteenth Lok Sabha and State Legislative Assemblies, 2014 – Media Coverage During the Period Referred to in Section 126 of RP Act, 1951
- Schedule for General Elections, 2014
- Fact Sheet on Tripura
- Fact Sheet on Assam
- Democratic Colors Of United India
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- Press Note
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.20 per bbl on 06.3.2014
- Ministry of Tourism
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals Show a Growth of 7.2% in February 2014 over February 2013
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 February 2014)
Ministry of Railways08-February, 2013 14:49 IST
|Railway Revenue Earnings up by 20.38 Per Cent During April 2012- January 2013 |
The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways on originating basis during 1st April 2012 to 31st January 2013 were Rs. 101223.95 crore compared to Rs. 84083.74 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 20.38 per cent. |
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs. 56163.30 crore during 1st April 2011 – 31st January 2012 to Rs. 70067.36 crore during 1st April 2012 – 31st January 2013, registering an increase of 24.76 per cent.
The total passenger revenue earnings during 1st April 2012 – 31st January 2013 were Rs. 25924.29 crore compared to Rs. 23344.42 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 11.05 per cent.
The revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs. 2617.19 crore during April 2012 - January 2013 compared to Rs. 2353.54 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 11.20 per cent.
The total approximate numbers of passengers booked during 1st April 2012 – 31st January 2013 were 7150.60 million compared to 6910.00 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 3.48 per cent. In the suburban and non-suburban sectors, the numbers of passengers booked during April 2012 -January 2013 were 3753.32 million and 3397.28 million compared to 3651.70 million and 3258.30 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 2.78 per cent 3.48 per cent respectively.
(Release ID :92104)