English Release 17-September 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM launches Swavlamban Abhiyaan - new pro-poor initiatives of the Gujarat Government
- Min of Agriculture
- Finance to 5 Lakh Joint Farming Groups of “Bhoomi Heen Kisan” through Nabard in the Current Financial Year
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- India to be Partner Country in Hannover Messe Fair During April 2015
- Gilead Briefs Nirmala Sitharaman about their Licensing Agreements with Seven India-Based Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Min of Home Affairs
- Union Minister for Surface Transport & Highways and Shipping Calls on Union Home Minister
- Uttarakhand Minister calls on Union Home Minister
- Union Home Minister to attend Sixth Meeting of SAARC Ministers of Interior / Home at Kathmandu
- Min of Labour & Employment
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar presents Vishwakarma and Safety Awards
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Daily Crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 95.92/bbl on 16.09.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings of Railways Goes Up by 16.70 Per Cent in August 2014 & 10.67 Per Cent During April-August 2014
- Min of Textiles
- Textiles Minister Honours 54 Women Achievers in Sericulture
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Press Note of Union Ministry of Women & Child Development
Ministry of Railways08-February, 2013 14:49 IST
|Railway Revenue Earnings up by 20.38 Per Cent During April 2012- January 2013 |
The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways on originating basis during 1st April 2012 to 31st January 2013 were Rs. 101223.95 crore compared to Rs. 84083.74 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 20.38 per cent. |
The total goods earnings have gone up from Rs. 56163.30 crore during 1st April 2011 – 31st January 2012 to Rs. 70067.36 crore during 1st April 2012 – 31st January 2013, registering an increase of 24.76 per cent.
The total passenger revenue earnings during 1st April 2012 – 31st January 2013 were Rs. 25924.29 crore compared to Rs. 23344.42 crore during the same period last year, registering an increase of 11.05 per cent.
The revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs. 2617.19 crore during April 2012 - January 2013 compared to Rs. 2353.54 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 11.20 per cent.
The total approximate numbers of passengers booked during 1st April 2012 – 31st January 2013 were 7150.60 million compared to 6910.00 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 3.48 per cent. In the suburban and non-suburban sectors, the numbers of passengers booked during April 2012 -January 2013 were 3753.32 million and 3397.28 million compared to 3651.70 million and 3258.30 million during the same period last year, showing an increase of 2.78 per cent 3.48 per cent respectively.
(Release ID :92104)