English Release 23-October 2014
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM meets various groups of flood affected people in Srinagar, listens to their problems and suggestions
- PM's surprise visit to Siachen; celebrates Diwali with officers and jawans of the Indian Armed Forces
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious Occasion of Diwali
Ministry of Railways15-February, 2013 13:09 IST
|India and France Sign M.O.U. to Strengthen Cooperation in Railway Sector |
|A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed on here on 14.2.2013 between the Ministry of Railways, Government of India and the Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Français (SNCF), the French National Railways, for Technical cooperation in the field of Railways. The MoU was signed by Shri Vinay Mittal, Chairman, Railway Board, from Indian side and Mr G.Pepy, Chairman and CEO SNCF from the French side. The MoU was signed in the presence of H.E. Francois Hollande, the President of France. |
Four areas of cooperation have been identified in the MoU. These are:
1. High speed and semi-high speed rail;
2. Station renovation and operations;
3. Modernisation of current operations and infrastructure;
4. Suburban trains.
Under the High Speed Cooperation Programme, the Parties have decided to carry out jointly an ‘operations and development’ feasibility project on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail. This project will be funded by SNCF with a support from the French Ministry of Finance.
The MoU is valid for a period of 5 years and is extendable by 1 year with mutual consent. Specific cooperation projects would be undertaken under the MoU as agreed by both the parties.
The French delegation led by SNCF Chairman Mr G. Pepy is visiting Central Railway and Western Railway installations in Mumbai today i.e. 15.2.2013 and holding meetings with the Railway officials.
(Release ID :92243)