English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Labour & Employment28-February, 2013 20:17 IST
|Union Budget 2013-14 Highlights |
RSBY to be Extended to other Categories such as Rickshaw, auto-Rickshaw and Taxi Drivers, Sanitation Workers, Rag Pickers and Mine Workers
|In the Union Budget proposals for the financial year 2013-14 tabled in the Lok Sabha today it has been announced that The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) will now be extended to other categories such as rickshaw, auto-rickshaw and taxi drivers, sanitation workers, rag pickers and mine workers. |
Announcing this in the Lok Sabha today the Union Finance Minister said a comprehensive and integrated social security package for the unorganised sector is a measure that will benefit the poorest and most vulnerable sections of society. The package should include life-cum-disability cover, health cover, maternity assistance and pension benefits. He said the present schemes such as AABY, JSBY, RSBY, JSY and IGMSY are run by different ministries and departments. The minister also proposed I to facilitate convergence among the various stakeholder ministries/departments so that a comprehensive social security package could be evolved.
The Rashtriya Swasthiya Bima Yojana, a pilot scheme of the Minstry of Labour & Employment at present covers covers 34 million families below the poverty line.
(Release ID :92796)