English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
Ministry of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports01-March, 2013 16:26 IST
|2013-14 Declared the Year for Skill Development of the Youth |
Parliamentary Consultative Committee Attached to Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Meets
|A meeting of the Consultative Committee chaired by Shri Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Youth Affairs & Sports, was held here today to discuss the National Youth Policy-2012. |
Addressing the meeting, Shri Jitendra Singh said that this is of extreme relevance as the current year is being observed as the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, who is the youth icon of the Country. This will be a befitting tribute by declaring the Youth Policy of the Country. The goal of the Youth Policy is to empower the youth of the Nation by bringing a holistic development, whereby every youth should be able to grow to their potential, fulfill their aspirations and remain healthy and active and participative. As skill development is the thrust of the Nation and following the national objectives, Ministry of Youth Affairs is proposing to declare 2013-14 as the Year for Skill Development of the Youth.
The Minister said that Youth are not a homogenous group. The Youth Policy proposes to follow the age group of the UN and Commonwealth youth age criteria of 16-30 years. The target groups are Student Youth, Urban Youth, Rural Youth, Tribal Youth, Youth at risk, Youth in conflict, Youth out of school, Youth with Social stigma and Youth in Institutional Care. The priority groups are young women, socially and economically disadvantaged Youth and differently-abled Youth.
Shri Jitendra Singh said that the unique feature of the Youth Policy is monitorable indicators under 5 domains. They are Youth Health Index, Youth Education Index, Youth Amenities Index and Youth Participation Index. These constitute the Youth Development Index. The Youth Policy advocates establishment of strong coordination mechanism between the Centre and the States. Youth being a State Subject, there is an urgent need for evolving a youth Policy at the State level in consonance with National Youth Policy. The National Youth Policy will be reviewed after every census.
(Release ID :92824)