English Release 29-March 2015
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM's remarks in condolence book, at the funeral of the founding father of Singapore, Mr. Lee Kuan Yew
- PM meets Deputy Prime Minister of Singapore, Emeritus Senior Minister of Singapore, and President of Israel
- Remarks by Prime Minister to the Media at Singapore
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Releases About Rs. 385 Crore to Andhra Pradesh while about Rs. 150 Crore to Telangana as part of the 13th Finance Commission Recommendations
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Rajya Sabha prorogued
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh receives Rs. 25 lakh cheque for J&K flood relief
- Practice of Yoga best for health: Dr. Jitendra Singh
Ministry of Defence04-March, 2013 16:41 IST
|Allocation for Defence Forces |
|It has been proposed to reduce the allocation in the current financial year by Rs4903.77 crore under the Revenue segment and 10,000.00 crore under Capital in the Revised Estimates 2012-13. This has been done in view of the need to curtail expenditure to contain the fiscal deficit, after taking into account the progress of approval of schemes and utilization of available budget. However, budgetary allocation of Rs 203,672.12 crore is proposed for Budget Estimates (BE) of 2013-14 in respect of the Defence Services, as against BE 2012-13 allocation of Rs. 1,93,407.29 crore. This represents an increase of 5.31%. |
An increase of 9% is proposed in the Capital budget for 2013-14 as compared to BE 2012-13. This is considered reasonable to meet the estimated requirements of the next financial year. The reduced allocation in the case of RE 2012-13 is also considered sufficient given the progress of modernization schemes.
Twelfth Defence Five Year Plan is yet to be finalized by the Government.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri ChaudharyLal Singh and othersin Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :92936)