English Release 17-April 2014
- Vice President's Secretariat
- Vice President Addresses at Golden Jubilee and 48th Convocation of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- Commerce Secretary to Lead High-Level Delegation to India Show in Hong Kong
- Min of Defence
Indian Air Force Placement Cell (IAFPC) and Monster India Collaborate to Foster Job Opportunities for Retired Air Warriors
Admiral RK Dhowan PVSM, AVSM, YSM
- Admiral RK Dhowan Appointed the New CNS
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket increased to US$ 107.50 per bbl on 16.4.2014
- Ministry of Railways
Commodity-Wise Freight Revenue Earnings During Fiscal 2013-14
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage of Important Reservoirs in the Country (As on 27 March 2014)
Ministry of Defence04-March, 2013 16:41 IST
|Allocation for Defence Forces |
|It has been proposed to reduce the allocation in the current financial year by Rs4903.77 crore under the Revenue segment and 10,000.00 crore under Capital in the Revised Estimates 2012-13. This has been done in view of the need to curtail expenditure to contain the fiscal deficit, after taking into account the progress of approval of schemes and utilization of available budget. However, budgetary allocation of Rs 203,672.12 crore is proposed for Budget Estimates (BE) of 2013-14 in respect of the Defence Services, as against BE 2012-13 allocation of Rs. 1,93,407.29 crore. This represents an increase of 5.31%. |
An increase of 9% is proposed in the Capital budget for 2013-14 as compared to BE 2012-13. This is considered reasonable to meet the estimated requirements of the next financial year. The reduced allocation in the case of RE 2012-13 is also considered sufficient given the progress of modernization schemes.
Twelfth Defence Five Year Plan is yet to be finalized by the Government.
This information was given by Defence Minister Shri AK Antony in a written reply to Shri ChaudharyLal Singh and othersin Lok Sabha today.
(Release ID :92936)