English Release 11-March 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India presents standard to 112 HU and colours to 4 BRD of Indian Air Force
- Election Commission
- Fact Sheet on Haryana
- Fact Sheet on Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Fact Sheet on Chandigarh
- Election Expenditure per elector up by twenty times in 2009 compared to first General Elections
- Fact Sheet on NCT of Delhi
- Press Note
- Min of Civil Aviation
- India Aviation – 2014 : A Curtain Raiser
- Min of Commerce & Industry
- India’s Foreign Trade: February, 2014
- Min of Culture
- 124th Foundation Day Celebrations of National Archives of India
- Ministry of Finance
CBEC Denies any Holding of Customs, Excise Duty and Service Tax Refunds/Drawbacks
- Min of Home Affairs
National Workshop on Civil Registration
- Min of New and Renewable Energy
- India and Sudan Agree to Promote Cooperation in Renewable Energy
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Civil Services (Main) Examination,2013- Result Declared
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket declines to 105.46 per bbl on 10.3.2014
- Planning Commission
- India-US Energy Dialogue
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy 11-March, 2013 18:14 IST
|MNRE Sets Target of 30,000 MW Capacity addition during 12th Plan. |
|The Ministry is implementing a number of renewable energy schemes / programmes such as wind, small hydro, biomass and solar throughout the country, for enhancing power generation from renewable energy sources. |
The Government is also giving various fiscal and financial incentives, such as capital/interest subsidy, accelerated depreciation, concessional excise and customs duties to promote power generation from new and renewable energy sources. Among the other steps taken to promote power generation from alternative sources of energy include preferential tariff for purchase of power generated from renewable sources, introduction of Renewable Energy Certificates and Renewable Purchase Obligation.
The Government has formulated an Integrated Energy Policy (IEP) covering all sources of energy including renewable energy sources. The IEP document gives a roadmap to develop energy supply options and increased exploitation of renewable energy sources. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is targeting a capacity addition of 30,000 MW during the 12th Plan period (2012-17) from various renewable energy sources.
About 27,000 MW renewable power generation capacity has been installed in the country from various renewable energy sources. A Capacity of 12,437 MW from renewable energy projects have been added during the last 3 years (2009-10 to 2011-12) and current year (as on 31.01.2013).
As per the report published by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA), 36947 million units, 41150 million units and 51226 million units were generated during 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12 respectively from renewable energy sources. During 2012-13, about 23557 million units (April-August) have been generated from renewable energy sources in the country.
This information was given by Minister for New & Renewable Energy, Dr. Farooq Abdullah in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :93455)