English Release 1-August 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President congratulates medal winners in
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- About 81.35 Crore People to Get Subsidised Foodgrains Under National Food Security Act
- Food Subsidy Estimated to be Around Rs. 1,31,086 Crore
- The Steps to Expedite Payment of Pending Dues to Sugarcane Farmers
- Transportation of PDS Foodgrains Through Sea Route to Ensure Timely Availability
- Min of Earth Science
- India Deploys its First Sub-Surface Ocean Moored Observatory in the Arctic
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointment
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Diesel Under-Recovery decreased to Rs 1.33/litre for the fortnight commencing 01.08.2014
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Draft Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Bill, 2014 circulated for inter-ministerial consultation
- Min of Youth Affairs & Sports
- Minister of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sarbananda Sonowal congratulates Indian medal winners on the 8th day in Commonwealth Games 2014
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy 11-March, 2013 18:14 IST
|MNRE Sets Target of 30,000 MW Capacity addition during 12th Plan. |
|The Ministry is implementing a number of renewable energy schemes / programmes such as wind, small hydro, biomass and solar throughout the country, for enhancing power generation from renewable energy sources. |
The Government is also giving various fiscal and financial incentives, such as capital/interest subsidy, accelerated depreciation, concessional excise and customs duties to promote power generation from new and renewable energy sources. Among the other steps taken to promote power generation from alternative sources of energy include preferential tariff for purchase of power generated from renewable sources, introduction of Renewable Energy Certificates and Renewable Purchase Obligation.
The Government has formulated an Integrated Energy Policy (IEP) covering all sources of energy including renewable energy sources. The IEP document gives a roadmap to develop energy supply options and increased exploitation of renewable energy sources. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is targeting a capacity addition of 30,000 MW during the 12th Plan period (2012-17) from various renewable energy sources.
About 27,000 MW renewable power generation capacity has been installed in the country from various renewable energy sources. A Capacity of 12,437 MW from renewable energy projects have been added during the last 3 years (2009-10 to 2011-12) and current year (as on 31.01.2013).
As per the report published by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA), 36947 million units, 41150 million units and 51226 million units were generated during 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12 respectively from renewable energy sources. During 2012-13, about 23557 million units (April-August) have been generated from renewable energy sources in the country.
This information was given by Minister for New & Renewable Energy, Dr. Farooq Abdullah in Rajya Sabha today.
(Release ID :93455)