English Release 31-January 2015
- President's Secretariat
- President’s Message on the Occasion of 38th Anniversary of Indian Coast Guard
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM salutes our scientists, on the successful test-firing of Agni V missile
- PM gives best wishes to all athletes participating in the 35th National Games
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swachh Bharat Released
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- ACC Appointments
Planning Commission20-March, 2013 16:41 IST
|Cancellation of Aadhar cards under Biometric Exception clause |
|As on date, 384237 Aadhar numbers have been cancelled under Biometric exception clause.
In keeping with UIDAI’s commitment to achieve zero failure to enroll, the enrolement client application has the provision to enroll persons with biometric exceptions. It was however noticed that this provision was misused by some operators to enroll residents who are not falling in the category of biometric exceptions. A scrutiny of all biometric exception enrolments was necessitated and this has led to the cancellation of 384237 Aadhar numbers.|
This information was given by Shri Rajiv Shukla, the Minister of state for Parliamentary affairs and Planning, in written reply to a question in the Loksabha today.
(Release ID :94071)