English Release 30-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
President to flag off the ‘Run for Unity’ tomorrow at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Vice President's Secretariat
- STUDENTS FROM J&K UNDER AEGIS OF SADBHAVNA EDUCATIONAL /MOTIVATIONAL TOUR CALL ON VICE PRESIDENT
- Vice President Inaugurates 7th Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Scientific Session
- Prime Minister's Office
- PM condoles loss of lives in Sri Lanka landslide
- Shri Azim Premji calls on the Prime Minister
- Goa CM calls on PM
- Department of Space
- Engineers’ Conclave-2014 to be held in Bangalore
- Min of Agriculture
- Shaida Moh. Abdali Afghanistan Ambassador Calls on
Union Agriculture Minister Shri Radha Mohan Singh
- Good Performance of NCDC
- Min of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- Sugar production estimated 250.46 lakh tons during 2014-15
- Ministry of Finance
- Government Announces Measures for Fiscal Prudence and Economy; Every Ministry / Department to Effect A Mandatory 10% Cut in Non-Plan Expenditure; Utmost Economy to be Observed in Organizing Conferences/Seminars/Workshops; Ban on Purchase of Vehicles; in all Cases of Air Travel, the Lowest Air Fare Tickets Available for Entitled Class to be Purchased/Procured.
- Government Committed to Increase Savings Rate in the Country: Secretary, Financial Services;
- Finance Minister Asks the Senior Officers of the Income Tax Department not to Lose Sight of Domestic Black Money
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
For ending TB, Dr Harsh Vardhan calls for “Power of belief”
- Min of Home Affairs
- Activities on Rashtriya Ekta Diwas celebrations on 31st October
- Union Home Minister Approves Grant of Higher Compensation to Victims of Riots, Naxal and Terrorist Violence
- Min of Human Resource Development
- Ministry of HRD to Host 2nd Meeting of SAARC Education Ministers
- Min of Minority Affairs
- Shri Arvind Mayaram is New Secretary of Minority Affairs
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Early closure of Government Offices today in connection with the “Run for Unity” flag off at Vijay Chowk
- ACC Appointments
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 85.14 per bbl on 29.10.2014
- Min of Urban Development
- Japan offers assistance in promoting Intelligent Transport Systems
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Uma Bharti to Visit Kanpur Tomorrow
- Min of Women and Child Development
- Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi to hold first round of Regional Consultations on Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in Chandigarh tomorrow
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology26-March, 2013 16:16 IST
|TRAI releases Quality of Service (Code of Practice for Metering and Billing Accuracy) (Amendment) Regulations, 2013 dated 25th March, 2013”. |
|The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has issued the “Quality of Service (Code of Practice for Metering and Billing Accuracy) (Amendment) Regulations, 2013” amending the framework for audit of the metering and billing system of service providers provided in the Quality of Service (Code of Practice for Metering and Billing Accuracy) Regulations, 2006, so as to protect the interest of consumers.
The regulations issued in 2006 have prescribed a Code of Practice for metering and billing accuracy, containing standards for metering and billing, which every access service provider has to comply, so as to minimize the incidences of billing complaints and for protecting the interest of consumers. These regulations also provided for a system of annual audit of the metering and billing system through any one of the auditors, from the panel notified by TRAI, and the service providers are required to submit Audit Report by 30th June of every year and Action Taken Report on the inadequacies, if any, pointed out by the Auditor by 30th September. TRAI had issued a Consultation Paper on 27th November, 2012, seeking the comments of stakeholders on the proposals to introduce financial disincentives for addressing the problem of delay in submission of audit reports and action taken reports, false or incomplete audit and action taken reports and delayed refund of overcharges to affected consumers and proposals for improvement of quality of audit. Open House Discussions were held in Delhi on 9th January, 2013. After considering the views received from the stakeholders during the consultation process, TRAI has issued the Quality of Service (Code of Practice for Metering and Billing Accuracy) (Amendment) Regulations, 2013. The salient features of these regulations are given below:
Service providers to get its metering and billing system audited annually for basic and cellular mobile telephone service in each service area through any one of the auditor from the panel notified by TRAI.
Audit of call data records of one month of sample subscribers from most popular plans, new plans, data plans and Special Tariff Vouchers, in each Quarter so that the audit is representative of the whole year and also to facilitate timely refund of overcharged amounts.
Submission of audit report and action taken report by service providers to TRAI every year by 31st July and 15th November respectively.
Financial disincentive at the rate of Rs.1,00,000/- per week for delay in submission of Audit Reports and Action Taken Reports by the service providers.
Financial disincentive not exceeding Rs.10,00,000/- per Action Taken Report for false or incomplete information in the Action Taken Report.
In all cases of overcharging established during audit the affected customers shall be refunded of the overcharged amounts within two months, failing which the service provider shall be liable for financial disincentive equivalent to the amount of overcharged amount.
Auditors to submit monthly progress report to TRAI on refund of overcharged amounts to affected customers, in addition to submission of report on progress of audit at periodic intervals.
The full textoftheregulationsisavailableonTRAI’s website(www.trai.gov.in). ForanyfurtherclarificationspleasecontactMr.A.RobertJ.Ravi,Advisor(QOS) on011-23230404.
(Release ID :94307)