English Release 24-November 2014
- President's Secretariat
- President of India to visit Karnataka and Maharashtra on November 25 and 26
- President of India condoles the passing away of Murli Deora
- Prime Minister's Office
- Mr. Yohei Sasakawa calls on PM
- Shri Ajit Doval, NSA, appointed as the Special Representative of India to conduct boundary negotiations and strategic consultations with China
- English Rendering of PM’s statement to media outside Parliament House
- PM's statement to media outside Parliament House
- PM expresses sadness on the passing of Shri Murli Deora
- Election Commission
- Bangladesh MPs visit Election Commission Impressed by Indian Electronic Voting Machine
- Facts at A Glance- Jharkhand
- Min for Develop. of North-East Region
- Promotion and Use of Hindi in the North East Region Development Programmes is Important Step in Mainstreaming North East to the Nation: Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Min of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Felicitation to Indian Blind Cricket Team to South Africa by Union Ministers Shri Ananth Kumar & Shri Sarbanand Sonowal
- Min of Defence
Avia Indra Joint Indo-Russia Exercise Enters Operational Phase
- Go Green Drive by Cadets on The EVE of NCC Day
- Min of Earth Science
- Letter of Intent Between ESSO-MOES and UNESCO for Cooperation in the Field of Reducing Disaster Risks and Capacity Building in Earth Sciences Signed
- Ministry of Finance
Quarterly Report on Public Debt Management for the Quarter July to September 2014 Released;
Auction for Sale (Re-Issue) of Government Stocks
- Min of Health and Family Welfare
- India and Sweden celebrate 5 years of bilateral collaboration in healthcare
- Min of Human Resource Development
- DG, UNESCO, Ms. Irina Bokova meets the Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Smt. Smriti Irani
- Min of Information & Broadcasting
- ‘Vithya’, ‘Womb on Rent’ and ‘A Rainy Day’ Discussed on IFFI Platform
- Ms. Loreto Aravena of ‘I am not Lorena’ Meets the Press at 45th IFFI
- Iffi 2014’s New Initiative ‘Talkathon@IFFI’ CONNECTS Virtual World with the Festival
- Literature and News-Itemsboth are Likely to form Baseline for Cinema
- ‘KILLA’ - A Realistic Fiction on Childhood Nostalgia
- Min of Parliamentary Affairs
- Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu condoles death of Shri Murli Deora
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2014
- Min of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Global crude oil price of Indian Basket was US$ 77.39 per bbl on 21.11.2014
- Ministry of Railways
- INDO-FRENCH Seminar on Rail Sector Inaugurated
- Min of Road Transport & Highways
- Minister Flags off Delhi-Kathmandu-Delhi Bus Service on November 25
- Min of Social Justice & Empowerment
- ICT Can Help Government Empower PwDs and Lead to their Inclusion- Says Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment
- Min of Urban Development
UNESCO lauds Heritage City Development Programme (HRIDAY)
- Ministry of Water Resources
- Storage Status of 85 Important Reservoirs of the Country as on November 20, 2014
- Min of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship, Youth Affairs and Sports
- Felicitation for Indian Team for Blind Cricket
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology26-March, 2013 16:16 IST
|TRAI releases Quality of Service (Code of Practice for Metering and Billing Accuracy) (Amendment) Regulations, 2013 dated 25th March, 2013”. |
|The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has issued the “Quality of Service (Code of Practice for Metering and Billing Accuracy) (Amendment) Regulations, 2013” amending the framework for audit of the metering and billing system of service providers provided in the Quality of Service (Code of Practice for Metering and Billing Accuracy) Regulations, 2006, so as to protect the interest of consumers.
The regulations issued in 2006 have prescribed a Code of Practice for metering and billing accuracy, containing standards for metering and billing, which every access service provider has to comply, so as to minimize the incidences of billing complaints and for protecting the interest of consumers. These regulations also provided for a system of annual audit of the metering and billing system through any one of the auditors, from the panel notified by TRAI, and the service providers are required to submit Audit Report by 30th June of every year and Action Taken Report on the inadequacies, if any, pointed out by the Auditor by 30th September. TRAI had issued a Consultation Paper on 27th November, 2012, seeking the comments of stakeholders on the proposals to introduce financial disincentives for addressing the problem of delay in submission of audit reports and action taken reports, false or incomplete audit and action taken reports and delayed refund of overcharges to affected consumers and proposals for improvement of quality of audit. Open House Discussions were held in Delhi on 9th January, 2013. After considering the views received from the stakeholders during the consultation process, TRAI has issued the Quality of Service (Code of Practice for Metering and Billing Accuracy) (Amendment) Regulations, 2013. The salient features of these regulations are given below:
Service providers to get its metering and billing system audited annually for basic and cellular mobile telephone service in each service area through any one of the auditor from the panel notified by TRAI.
Audit of call data records of one month of sample subscribers from most popular plans, new plans, data plans and Special Tariff Vouchers, in each Quarter so that the audit is representative of the whole year and also to facilitate timely refund of overcharged amounts.
Submission of audit report and action taken report by service providers to TRAI every year by 31st July and 15th November respectively.
Financial disincentive at the rate of Rs.1,00,000/- per week for delay in submission of Audit Reports and Action Taken Reports by the service providers.
Financial disincentive not exceeding Rs.10,00,000/- per Action Taken Report for false or incomplete information in the Action Taken Report.
In all cases of overcharging established during audit the affected customers shall be refunded of the overcharged amounts within two months, failing which the service provider shall be liable for financial disincentive equivalent to the amount of overcharged amount.
Auditors to submit monthly progress report to TRAI on refund of overcharged amounts to affected customers, in addition to submission of report on progress of audit at periodic intervals.
The full textoftheregulationsisavailableonTRAI’s website(www.trai.gov.in). ForanyfurtherclarificationspleasecontactMr.A.RobertJ.Ravi,Advisor(QOS) on011-23230404.
(Release ID :94307)