English Release 25-October 2014
- President's Secretariat
- Speech by the President of India
Shri Pranab Mukherjee on the Occasion of Release of a Commemorative Postage Stamp on
- President of India Releases a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Anagarika Dharmapala
- Prime Minister's Office
- Text of The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at the ceremony held to rededicate, Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, in Mumbai
- PM rededicates Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre in Mumbai
- PM greets the Nation on auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj
- Election Commission
- Press Note
- Schedule for bye-election to fill casual vacancies in the Legislative Assembly of NCT of Delhi – Regarding.
- Schedule for General Elections to the Legislative Assemblies of Jharkhand and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Min of Comm. & Information Technology
- Minister for Communications & IT and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Spoke at the Release Function of a Postage Stamp Commemorating Srimath Anagarika Dharmapala, the Great Buddhist Thinker and Visionary from Sri Lanka
- Ministry of Finance
- President of India
to Inaugurate Three Day Accountants’ General Conference on Monday
- Min of Home Affairs
- Observance of the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31st October
- Min of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
- Dr. Jitendra Singh says Indian bureaucrats need constant re-orientation as they face new challenges every day
Ministry of Road Transport & Highways29-March, 2013 17:23 IST
|All India Motor Transport Congress Calls off Nationwide Strike |
Strike was Proposed from Midnight of First April, 2013
|The All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) has called off the proposed strike after its representatives met the Secretary, Road Transport and Highways(RTH) here today. All India Motor Transport Congress has given call to suspend operations of goods transport and transportation services with effect from the midnight of April,1,2013 demanding that various issues affecting transport community are resolved by 30th March,2013. During the Meeting, the Secretary Road Transport and Highways, Shri Vijay Chhibber assured that Ministry appreciates the requests of AIMTC and will take steps to facilitate resolution of issues. |
All India Motor Transport Congress(AIMTC),an apex body of transporters(both cargo and passenger) represent approximately 75 lac truckers and transporters and about 40 lac buses and tour operators. AIMTC claims that whole transport industry is hit by high input costs and deep recession resulting in huge economic viability gap. AIMTC has forwarded list of demands to the RTH Ministry for immediate redressal.
The demands of AIMTC include –Immediate withdrawal of unilateral hike of Third Party Insurance Premium(TPP) for Goods Vehicles w.e.f April,1,2013,Reconstitution of Committee for any TPP tariff revision, with AIMTC as its member; Immediate implementation of Toll Permit in line with the National Permit; Replacement of the monthly increase of Diesel prices with half yearly increase; ,demand for uniformity of diesel prices across the country; Fixation of minimum freight rates for Road Transport Sector; National Permit for buses on lines of Goods Vehicles; Action against States indulging in illegal Entry Tax/Mechanical Tax; Sales Tax/Commercial Tax issues, onus of any Sales Tax issues to be on consignor /trader, trucks not to be detained anywhere in the country; Centralisation of RC books; Standardisation of documents to be done across country; Removal of Anti-Dumping Duty on import of tyres; The reservation of the Road Transport Sector on Carriage by Road Act/Rules to be addressed immediately and Industry status for Road Transport Sector.
(Release ID :94341)